Thread: 8 hours Battery life in Kindle Fire

8 hours Battery life in Kindle Fire

I hope you all have read the title properly. I just have read in the manuals that the continuous reading or the video playback in the tablet gives only 7.5 hours of battery usage. So that’s what I want to say here. so don’t you all think it’s a bit less, I mean these days even mobile does have that kind of battery in them so what’s the difference in a tablet or a phone. that’s what I am not able to understand at all. anyways I have created this thread to know if there is someone who is concerned after reading this thread. Please do get back to me after having read this message. So that’s what I want to say here. so start commenting guys, waiting for the appropriate reply from you all.

Re: 8 hours Battery life in Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
    I hope you all have read the title properly. I just have read in the manuals that the continuous reading or the video playback in the tablet gives only 7.5 hours of battery usage. So that’s what I want to say here. so don’t you all think it’s a bit less, I mean these days even mobile does have that kind of battery in them so what’s the difference in a tablet or a phone. that’s what I am not able to understand at all. anyways I have created this thread to know if there is someone who is concerned after reading this thread. Please do get back to me after having read this message. So that’s what I want to say here. so start commenting guys, waiting for the appropriate reply from you all.
    It is a tablet with LCD screen, so its normal behavior of the devices with the LCD screen. So nothing new about it. That’s what I am saying here. no phones these days lasts upto 8 hours. So I really don’t think so anyone is doing that.

I am having a iPad and the apple people when they had released the iPad had claimed that it is having the battery life of 10 hours of continuous usage. So that’s what I am saying here. now it is not even lasting 8 hours so I don’t think so we should think so much over that since it has nothing to do with the tablet. Don’t tell me anyone is going to sit with his iPad for 8 hours and see if it is turning off or not. I really don’t think so things like these is going to happen at all. that’s what I am saying here, so do watch out for the same and tell me if there is any issues that you have related with the Kindle Fire. Do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
    For me its not a concern at all, that’s what I am saying here. the battery of the tablet does averages 8 hours and nothing more. Since it is a very new tablet I would have expected it to last beyond iPads battery life but that’s not happening at all. so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you all do understand what I am saying here. so that’s it from my side for you all.

Yes you should have that conditions applied for the same the duration that has been displayed there is with wifi off and nothing else. So that’s what I want to say here. I hope you all do understand what I am saying here. Since amazon has great responsibility over the cloud storage so what I am saying is that they should have increased the battery power. That’s what I am saying here. now if you look at te tablet it does not have much memory since it is run by cloud support. So that’s what I am looking for. Now what I want to say is that for all this purposes we will be requiring wifi and that’s for sure. so the battery power will be further reduced that’s what I want to make you all notify. Don’t know if all of them is aware of this fact. Anyways that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    Yes you should have that conditions applied for the same the duration that has been displayed there is with wifi off and nothing else. So that’s what I want to say here. I hope you all do understand what I am saying here. Since amazon has great responsibility over the cloud storage so what I am saying is that they should have increased the battery power. That’s what I am saying here. now if you look at te tablet it does not have much memory since it is run by cloud support. So that’s what I am looking for. Now what I want to say is that for all this purposes we will be requiring wifi and that’s for sure. so the battery power will be further reduced that’s what I want to make you all notify. Don’t know if all of them is aware of this fact. Anyways that’s it from my side for you all.
    Yes that’s a great point that you have raised and I must say that we should have a good look at the same. after reading the above post I think the battery life should have been increased more that’s what I feel.

Yes kindle fire without wifi would be termed as simply useless . That’s what I am saying here. Don’t know if all of them are going to appreciate my efforts on the same. the conditions that are applied for the iPad and the iPod are with the wifi on and hence it will be a better battery life of 10 hours. So that’s what I want to say here. now this has become a major concern for the Kindle Fire tablet. That’s what I want to say here.

I am a Kindle Fire user and let me tell you all that the battery runs out within 7 hours. That’s what I know. So expecting it to run more than that is a simple waste of time. Now with all the minimum settings applied it runs at that time. Don’t know what will be the use of the tablet if the wifi and all the settings are applied to the tablet. Then it will be a different scenario totally that’s for sure. so this is what I want to say here. that’s it from my side for you all, anything else that you need to know about then do let me know as soon as possible.

The memory is reduced to 8GB and so is the price. Making it available for the price range of $200. So what I want to say is that they have reduced the memory along with the price. So that’s why the priority is given to cloud computing.