Thread: HP Pavilion dv4000: cursor moves on its own while typing.

HP Pavilion dv4000: cursor moves on its own while typing.

Hey all, I am having problem with my old HP Pavilion dv4000. And the problem is that while I am typing something on my notebook at that time cursor moves randomly. For that reason only I can’t be able to distinguish what I am typing. And here in this cause I am sure that I am not pressing anything else which can cause this type of the problem. Please suggest me that why I am getting that thing, suggest me any reason if you all having. And here I am using HP Pavilion dv4000, which is running on the Windows XP service pack 2.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4000: cursor moves on its own while typing.

Ok, i get your problem. In your cause I can suggest you that this can also caused by the malware. So for that try to download the latest system scan with free AVG Antispyware which is also available in the market for free. And hope that this will help you. Try to download it; I am sure that this will help you in your cause. And report back about the results.

Thanks friend, after following your suggestion I have downloaded that and then I found that the same thing is happening to me. What should I try for now? Your suggestion jot worked in my cause.

Fine, for that I have also suggestion in this cause and the suggestion is as follows:-
    • Open the control panel.
    • And then double click on the "Mouse" icon
    • After that click on the 'Pointer Options'
    • And uncheck the box Enhance Pointer Precision.

Your problem looks like due to the hardware and hope that above steps will help in your cause.

I don’t think that downloading the AVG anti-spyware wills really helping my cause. Because recently I have reinstalled XP in my laptop due to the hard drive crashed. And I daily scan my system for the spyware. And here I have followed the above steps and find that all things are start working normally. Thanks for that suggestion; they really worked great in my cause. If I get any further option then I will reply you back over here to get the again proper suggestion.

I was also having this type of the problem for resolving that I have also uninstalled the Internet Explorer and then download a fresh copy and re-install it in my system and after that I found that all the problem of the cursor jumps have solved. So here I came to know that this problem is not related with the malware or any type of the keypad driver. This is totally related wish the Internet Explorer 8 and there is no any type of the setting for resolving that. If anyone else get this type of the problem then I will suggest them all to do the same as I have done for resolving this problem.

Here, please tell me back that why you are thinking that the original user is having this problem while typing in the internet explorer. And here I am sure that at that time Internet Explorer 8 was not released, when that thread was made. But here I can say that your suggestion will really work in the cause only when there are typing problem related with the internet explorer.

I am thinking that the original user is having the problem while typing with the internet explorer, because while telling the problem the user have not mention that he is having the problem in typing with the internet explorer or with the word documents. I am telling this thing because I am having this thing and I was thinking that the user will also have the same problem related with me. so here can i made the new thread on this forums for taking the good suggestion on this topic.