Thread: 3G and WIFI not working after updating to android 3.2 in acer Iconia A501

3G and WIFI not working after updating to android 3.2 in acer Iconia A501

HI, I am using acer Iconia A501 tablet but don’t know what could be the problem but still as far as I know I have successfully upgrade to android 3.2 and everything works perfect in spite of 3G and WIFI in the device.

It just does not display either the wifi network i am connected to or the 3g network, neither their name or speed as well. Is there anybody here having same problem with their device? Please let me know how do I resolve it.

Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: 3G and WIFI not working after updating to android 3.2 in acer Iconia A501

See there could be so many problems that can cause such a problem with the device. Thus first according to me you should make sure whether the firmware that you have installed in the device is completely compatible with your device.

And if not then whatever you do with it you’ll get this problem for sure, and there isn’t any way through which you can resolve it regardless of downgrading the firmware.

I have similar opinion as the above user thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to ensure that first but along with that try to use your device with different router, at this moment you can simply reconfigure the setting for the router and the device as well. If the device get connected with another router then there is some problem with your router only, or else there is some hitch with your device only.

I think there is some problem with the firmware that you have installed in the device, thus my recommendation is like to reset the device first and see what happens. Because this is the trick through which we can simply get out of any trouble with the gadgets, because it just simply restores the factory default setting to the device and everything seems fine.

I hope you must be aware as there are too different methods through which you can reset the device and they are soft reset and hard reset, you can try both of them if one won’t work.

But before that I would like to suggest you that you should try to take backup of you important data first and then only proceed or else you’ll surely lose data from the device after hard resetting the device.

have you installed perfect ROM in your device? Because see that’s the only thing which either boost the device to run more efficiently rather avoid the device to run well.

Thus though you have installed android 3.2 in your device but still confirm about the ROM as well, like whether it is been supported rather compatible with the version you have installed. As the extent to I know you should try to make use of “Acer_A501_1.309.24_EMEA_CUS7” ROM in your device as this is the only ROM that came with the device.

And according to me if this ROM is also giving problem with this OS version that better option would be to downgrade the system OS first and then see what happens.

Are you sure that your WIFI is working anyways, because see if the router that you are using at your place is not able to detect your device then there could be some problem with the router as well. You should try to make sure whether other device connects properly to your router, and if not then surely there is some problem in either router settings, or the one that you have made in your device.

You should try to remove those settings, and configure it again. You can simply make use of guide that you must have gotten with the device prior to configure the settings for both 3G and WIFI.

I think you should try to reinstall the whole firmware and the appropriate ROM in your device and then see what happens.

I have tried all the things that you have mentioned but still having the same problem with the tablet, and I think according to me the version which I have installed in the device is not actually for this device.

Anyways thanks for your valuable suggestion.

dkbose Guest

I think at this moment you should try to visit the service center and let the aware about the problem, and I hope they must have some solution for this, because I am also not sure what could be the problem with your device, as I am running it perfectly.

But still if suppose at last you can have option to get it resolved as you can simply downgrade to the previous version OS that you were using previously.