Thread: Acer Iconia A501 3G drains battery quickly

Acer Iconia A501 3G drains battery quickly

Hi, I have recently bought a new tablet and that’s acer ICONIA A501, and everything works perfectly regardless of its battery, or might be I am wrong about the battery consumption, but I have noticed that it just drains the battery quicker than the expected time. What exactly the problem could be any idea? Because this should not be happened as even the device is rather new.

It just hold the power till 2 days only and after that I have to charge it, and when I was searching about getting a solution for the same I didn’t get any from the internet, but the thing that came to know about the battery issue is like it could be because of the either software problem or hardware. But I am not ever able to figure out what is the problem with mine device.

Is there anyone having same problem with their tablet? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Acer Iconia A501 3G drains battery quickly

there could be so many problems with the device while it comes to battery problems in the device.

And sometimes it is very difficult to figure out whether there is some hardware problem or simply the software problem with the device. But it is very good to start with the software testing.

According to me you should try to test your hardware first and then see what happens, and it is strongly recommended to visit the service center rather than approaching any outside technician.

have you ever used another battery rather charger with your device, because it is strongly recommended as to make use of only the original product with the device or else it may causes any severe damage with the device for sure. Now for ensuring the accessories you have, you have to make use of another battery and charger, because see if the device worked very well with those different accessories then surely there is some problem with the current accessories that you are using with the tablet, and I am not concerning any particular thing but it could be either battery or the charger.

You may have to replace any if anything gets damaged.

- I would say you should try to avoid using the 3G and WIFI in your device for longer, because they are the only things that causes the battery to be drain rapidly.

And if suppose you are making use of that but still you are getting the battery up to 2 days so I would say that’s fine, and there isn’t any problem in your device.

dkbose Guest

See when It comes to battery of smartphone or any such tablet device, the main thing that causes problems is the applications that we uses with the device. Because of that only battery drains quicker than we expect from the device.

I would rather suggest you regarding that only, because previously I was also thinking same about my device as there might be some problem with the hardware, but after that I came to know about the application and after using it efficiently I can now manage it very well. And the very main thing that we should know is like whenever we use any internet based application we should close it as soon as we use it, and if it keeps running in background which will also cause battery to be drains.

and apart from this, third party application that causes such problem in general, thus avoid using any such application which is not meant for the device.

brightness is the very significant concern while comes to any gadget, either it is a mobile phone or any tablet or laptop as well.

You should try to keep it always lower or you can simply go through the manual that you have gotten with the device, for the recommended value.

If you are still having problem with the device then as mentioned by the above user there could be either software problem or the hardware problem, thus I would suggest you to make sure about the software first rather than the hardware.

You should try to reset the firmware that you are using, because faulty firmware can also causes such problem with the device.

And make sure about the taking back up of your important data before proceeding as soft reset would not wiped any data from the device but all the settings would be recovered replacing the old one. But if you try hard resetting the device than it will surely wiped out the data from the device for sure.

I am quite agree with the above user as you should try to reset the firmware but when it comes to hard resetting so it will wiped out all the data from the device, so at that time I would rather prefer for reinstall the whole firmware in the device and would suggest you the same.

see I am quite agree with the above users but still I am not sure what could be problem with your device thus I would simply suggest you some of the TIP through which you can avoid the quick battery draining.

• Dim the Bright LCD Screen

• Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning

• Disable Background Processes

• Regular Software Updates

• Use Airplane Mode when needed

• Switch on the auto-lock feature

• Turn Off GPS

Thanks for the prompt replies guys but still don’t know what could be the problem as I am having same issue with the device, have tried almost all the thing that you have mentioned.

Battery Do's:

1- completely charge/discharge battery up to 4 cycles previous to achieving complete capacity of a fresh battery

2- Eliminate from the device and stock up in a chill, arid, clean place if the battery will not be in exercise for a month or longer.

3- Recharge the battery subsequent to a storage period makes sure maximum performance of the battery by seeing the device's power management features. Go through the manual for further instructions.

Battery Don'ts:

1- Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause harsh injure to the battery.

2- Do not fall, strike or otherwise mistreatment the battery as this may effect in the revelation of the cell contents, which are corrosive.

3- Do not depiction the battery to damp or rain.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center because I think that is the only option left if you are still pursuing any problem with battery.

And you’ll get the replacement for the battery rather any damaged part as well if there is any from the service center only, but for that you must have to have warranty period remaining for the device.