Thread: Cannot root Acer Iconia A501 using GingerBreak

Cannot root Acer Iconia A501 using GingerBreak

I have bought the Acer ICONIA A501. The good thing I got the Android version 3.0.1 with this tablet. Now I look after to make use of GingerBreak v1.2 to obtain root. When I clicked on top of the get root, it stops into pop-up window. In order to make clear, it is not non-responsible, except presently cannot go advance. I have waited for nearly 30 minutes still nothing. I really want to be get rooted. Please help me out

Re: Cannot root Acer Iconia A501 using GingerBreak

I think that very few users need root access on an Android-Tablet. If you're happy with your Acer Iconia Tab A500 and want to install any custom ROMs for example, then you can save yourself that. If you want to risk it after all, here's a brief guide:
    • Activate the settings in "USB debugging" and let the installation of unidentified Apps
    • A microSD card following taking the tablet in portrait mode, rotate plus regulate the Lock switch that position.
    • File ginger v1.20.apk break and install it.
    • Open the app as well as launch the root process.
    • Wait ...

By rooting the Android tablet, cannot update OTA (over the air updates) directly meisst which are distributed through the mobile networks, the more you lose again without installing the root privileges by the manufacturers. So therefore you must be modified again to resort to custom ROMs, or just the Android device again rooting. Furthermore, we should mention that, according to one maker, the guarantee is what time you Root its Android device. Then, it is important to make backups to restore data back to you. Furthermore, it must have come in infrequent cases, still to total loss of the system. Therefore, one should well think whether you need a root or not.

In order to root Honeycomb 3.1
    • Enable "unknown origin" for apps. (Settings> Applications> "unknown origin".
    • USB debugging enabled (Settings> Applications> Development> "USB debugging".
    • The download and install “iconiaroot-1.3.apk" on your tablet.
    • Iconia App Root and bottom left select "root".
    • This process might take a while, so do not panic.
    • Root should now be present.
    • If we now no longer want to root, simply open the app again and select the bottom right "Unroot" from.

GingerBreak is not exact to whichever device, except there is no code there that cannot effort on top of the device X otherwise Y. The exploit is general, except that does not denote one size fits every single one, nor does it indicate that there is no firmware’s away there that tackle this vulnerability. A particular version might be essential to get ready for your device, check with your favorite forum your precise device. The APK is planned to create the course easier, except too adds dependencies to not work on top of your device.

In my opinion this is only the proper way to root your device.
    • Enable USB debug (Settings> Applications> Development)
    • Put a FAT32 format a memory card
    • Install the attached ginger break app on your device
    • Start ginger root break and hit the button
    • Wait a few minutes if everything goes well, the device automatically restarts
    • Now should be the superuser app installed and working
    • The ginger break app, you can uninstall again

The APK GingerBreak is a wrapper around the newly released GingerBreak exploit, which aims to ensure access of root ginger bread. This particular exploit can work on several versions Froyo and honeycomb as well but not all and not every time. Apparently, on some devices tap root makes the SD card to be formatted. Also, if you get stuck, but it sees the card assembly / disassembly, try formatting the SD card to yourself and try again (otherwise use a new memory card) - this often works.