Thread: How to Unbrick Acer Iconia A501

How to Unbrick Acer Iconia A501

This was the first time I tried to root my Acer tablet and unluckily I messed up the whole thing for the time of root process. The process went wrong and the tab is bricked now, I would really like to unbrick my tab and I don’t know how to. I haven’t seen any post or thread regarding this. Do you think that still there is a way to unbrick my device? What should I do now to get this thing working over again?

Re: How to Unbrick Acer Iconia A501

You can reinstall the operating system from scratch; however, resetting everything through the firmware you restore your tablet to HoneyComb 3.0.1. To flash it, unpack it and put the file in the sd update.zip, delete any other update.zip (if you had made earlier), reboot into recovery through the power and volume down keys (keep them pressed until the installation). Once you have completed the system completely original!

Do not be afraid to ask the root, does not affect your ability to receive OTA updates and is essential to make a proper backup! Back up user files and documents from music to games and applications saved or lost! To make a system backup should clean (after having saved all that interests us) make a nice recovery to factory settings from the menu / settings / privacy. Restore any apk removed from you, but necessary in order to receive the OTA.

Look at some games maybe the developers of your software because there is XDA in the standard version back secured somewhere. Otherwise, I would imagine that with the root and ensure Rome's manager, I cannot, because I've never tried it.

I think that you need to recover the adb to install using the commands in case anyone has failed to make a backup! This can be very risky, because I have not tested, so both me and there batista70phone not assume any responsibility. If you have not done so to move the 3 files from the folder starting with adb-platform tools to the Tools folder, do this:
    • Create a text file in the folder that will contain platform-Toos "cmd" (without the quotes) and save it.
    • Rename the text file in ADB.bat and create a shortcut on the desktop for convenience.
    • Now insert the original in the folders recovery tools or platform-tools (depending on the method you used previously) and the
    • command prompt type:

Code:
     dd if = / mnt / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p1

And while I'm on my Acer Iconia up since then and played the Falcon_Galaxy_1.0_CWM missing the serial number on the device (ISID) I made a unbrick. So until now everything was ok. Now when you start a tab I get the message: The application overview stopped unexpectedly. I no longer come into the home screen when booting and CWM (MIT - & Power) is no longer...