Thread: Acer Iconia A501 not showing Wifi networks

Acer Iconia A501 not showing Wifi networks

I have been using the Acer Iconia A501 32GB version from the past 1 week. At first everything worked well but now I got issue with Wifi and the problem is the device is not recognizing any wifi network. I tried manually but it also didn’t help me out. I have rooted my device but I checked it again by unrooting it. Other than this I dint do any further repair and fixes because I don’t know much about troubleshooting. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Acer Iconia A501 not showing Wifi networks

Unfortunately it is not the fault of the router. I also I need to confirm the exact same behavior on my A501. The WiFi icon is white instead of purple is connected but no browsing. It would be interesting to post our versions of firmware. I made the root by the method of 'application for A501 but the "defect" was the first from the Root. The version of my firmware is:
    • Model Number A501
    • Android Version 3.0.1
    • Version Banda Base R3B01
    • Kernel version 2.6.36.3

Note I have tried now for the 'OTA but still nothing.

These kinds of problems I've seen the advent and the problem is due to the configuration of the router, which should take wifi n. Try to put it on wifi b / g tests. This is what happens to me but you should work because the wifi is the Iconia WiFi b / g / n but try not lose anything.

If you've had problems. If you want to go back to using the Wi-Fi without the SIM, after removing the SIM and on,
    • Go to "Settings" -> "Wireless Networks"
    • In the section under "Wi-Fi Networks" will select the network connected.
    • Having pushed open a window with options to Delete or Change the Network Choose "Edit Network"
    • In the "IP Settings" is selected, you will find that "Static". Open it and choose "DHCP"
    • Enter new password of your network
    • At this point it connects as before.

Laptops generally have a much better reception than tablets or smartphone. In general, the antennas are located here in the lid around the display, are sized so very far away from other electronics and larger, which is in rather compact devices such as a tablet is not as easy to implement. But you have that already in the next room did not receive more, but something puzzled me. I have the same problem, unfortunately, the same device and cannot get any further. After the update 3.01 - 3.2 has the wifi reception deteriorated massively.

If you get no reception, the environmental conditions can be ruled out once in each case. That other devices can also be further removed to connect supports this thesis. There are indeed two different frequencies for Wifi, 2.4 and 5 GHz. Your router or the configuration of the same provides evidence, which is currently in use with you. Since the tablet to another router, might not make a connection, I would rule out a hardware failure at first. A mobile router is really no perfect solution, because it always over the cellular network to the Internet access. I would first try this to reset to factory settings and re-establish. A diagnosis can be made in this way, unfortunately, difficult to create.

In my case the problem came by Firmware of the router (ADSL). I've solved it by resetting the router; pushed RESET button for 3 seconds it makes the firmware is updated.

I have had problems with the Acer Iconia A501 and did not understand why, but then it occurred to me that the problem was not the tablet, but the connection that was not handling DHCP mode. So this I think is valid for all Tablet Android and the solution is to configure the network with a static IP address. As there are several mini-guides on the web of how to configure / set up a static ip address on your computer / pc at home ... but on Tablet Android I did a little 'much while I was prompted to enter the network prefix length I honestly did not even know what it was and at first I immediately entered the subnet mask, which in my case it was 255.255.255.0.

I looked for the patch the day after that because I have some time problems with my WLAN connection is available all the time, however, exist between every now and then for 1-2 minutes "transmission pauses."
    The whole is only the case with my A500, smartphone, notebook and all other wireless devices do not have this glitch. By chance someone knows a clever wireless app, you could test the (perhaps for a longer connection test)? Otherwise, only a hard reset will probably come into question.

I've been using a couple of weeks Iconia A501 and I must say surprised me more than expected. Excellent car in all respects and are very happy, if it were not for the Wi-Fi. Like many others, I too have the problem of Wi-Fi is increasingly detached and / or despite it being connected, not working, and the bits come in fits and starts. I found the little program that helps Wi-Fi fixer to maintain stable connection, but still the connection is not working as it should. You should try turning the router and to extinguish and put a password to your network rather simple and try to connect with the terminal