Thread: Do you choose Acer iconia over Asus Transformer and why?

Do you choose Acer iconia over Asus Transformer and why?

I want to ask that if anyone over here will choose the Acer iconia over Asus Transformer? I am confused between these two that which one I should buy. If somebody of you can provide me any suggestion for this then I will really appreciate that.

Re: Do you choose Acer iconia over Asus Transformer and why?

If you look at the specification then you will get to know that both are having almost same specification. So in terms of the feature they are same and now question arises for the brand. This is up to you that which brand do you prefer the most. Everyone has different choice and for me, I will go for Acer. That is the brand that I prefer the most.

Asus is the best to go for. ASUS introduced four new tablet devices ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The Eee Pad MeMO, Eee Pad Transformer, Eee Pad Slider and Eee Slate EP121 are the first of many tablets that will be introduced this week, and the gauntlet has been thrown down. ASUS offerings are stylish, functional and well specifications giving customers an array of choices to suit a variety of needs. So that will be best for you according to me.

I have recently bought the Acer Iconia Tab A500 and I am having a good experience with this. I am completely satisfied with what I am getting from this.

I am posting two models from Asus with their specifications and I hope that this will be helpful to you.
    ASUS Eee Pad MeMO
    • Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) OS
    • 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display
    • 1024 x 600-pixel resolution
    • Capacitive stylus included
    • 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm 8260 Snapdragon processor
    • 5-megapixel camera with LED flash
    • 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
    • HD video playback

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
    • 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen display
    • 1280 x 800-pixel resolution
    • NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor
    • Unique docking station with integrated keyboard and 16-hour battery

I am having ASUS Eee Pad Slider and that is also very good. Below is the specification for that.
    • 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen display
    • 1280 x 800-pixel resolution
    • NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor
    • Sliding full QWERTY keyboard
    • miniHDMI, miniUSB ports
    • microSDHC support

The package for the Acer tablet is really skinny. It is really strange that given the history of Acer that we had used to pack more and very rich. This include: power, some manual, cleaning cloth for the display and microUSB cable. There is no HDMI cable, no housing and no headphones unbelievably well.

dkbose Guest

I am still using the tablet and I found that the dimensions are quite generous other than the black frame on board the screen that is not too thick and indeed is the right size to keep fingers resting on the tablet. The back is also made entirely of aluminum with two holes for the speakers for the stereo camera 5Megapixel. The volume keys are pressed well, as well as the power button. It is a bit 'more difficult to maneuver the switch for auto-rotate. Overall the feeling is that of having a quality device in hand.

If we compare the Acer with regards to the standard version of Honeycomb then we will find that the Acer has installed some additional programs: as a new 3D gallery, a mediacenter (of little use), a program for the social networks and as many as 3 full game (Let's Golf HD, Need For Speed Shift Heros of Sparta HD). There are really particular benefits from pre-installed software and then we can consider almost as a tablet version of "pure" Android. Obviously there is all Google software for the tablet in the revised version: GMail, Maps, YouTube, Chrome Browser, Calendar and Google Talk (with video).

As we know the multimedia sector of Android is definitely not her strong point, but something has changed in the Honeycomb. The camera interface is rich and full of features, the music player has earned a bit of elegance (though still not the best usability) and YouTube has become a true multimedia theater.

The browser's default is amazing. Fast, convenient and very comfortable with the new tab and the new Incognito for not leaving a trace during browsing (good for providing the tablets to friends who may make access to various web services with their data). Pinch-zoom very fluid and full support to Flash plug-in thanks to version 10.2. The screen 10 "also provides an excellent performance of the sites in the full version. Unfortunately we had to install Dolphin Browser HD to set the default navigation "PC style".