Thread: Bluetooth not working in Toshiba Satellite L750 notebook after BIOS update

Bluetooth not working in Toshiba Satellite L750 notebook after BIOS update

Hi, I have Toshiba Satellite L750 notebook and I am using it from couple of months but havent get any problem with the machine but the thing is like I have recently update the BSIO in my machine and from that day Bluetooth is not working in my machine.

Currently I have installed v2.00 in my netbook, so any idea what could be the problem, I mean to say whether this is because of the BIOS or because of the Bluetooth driver? Please help me with resolving this.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bluetooth not working in Toshiba Satellite L750 notebook after BIOS update

Are you sure that the Bluetooth is not working after installing the latest BIOS, was It working before installing those drivers? because see if you were having any issue before this BIOS update as well that means there could be some problem with the drivers only, because I don’t think this could be some issue with the BIOS.

But if suppose you are sure then let me tell you as you should try to update the BIOS again in your machine , I mean to say try to reinstall the drivers again in your machine.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should try to first reinstall the BIOS in your machine and then see what happens, and I even think that this could be because of the Bluetooth driver only, because I am also having the same BIOS version but everything seems fine with me.

By the way there are too many symptoms of the BIOS corruption, not only the Bluetooth. Those symptoms are such evident during the POST. You may see odd error messages or hardware may not be recognized correctly another symptom of a BIOS difficulty is the laptop’s RAM, usually add up throughout the POST, not being counted properly or generating an error message throughout the count. The most ordinary symptom of a BIOS vice or crash is the BIOS merely decline to POST.

And if suppose you are still having the same issue then you should try to install the same version that you were having previously. I think the earlier version is v1.70, thus you should try to get this one and install as soon as possible.

The marks and symptoms of BIOS collide or sleaze is the same to those caused by other hardware failures such as memory or the motherboard. Effort to rule out exact hardware failures previous to troubleshooting the BIOS.

Thus it might be possible that the Bluetooth chip that is been installed in the notebook must be damaged but still Unless the problem is directly related to a recent BIOS flash, cause of problems is very low to chip.

despite of hardware failure there could be software problem as well, thus according to me you should try to install the latest drivers to your machine and then see what happens next.

Did you load the evasion settings after BIOS update? If not then I would like to suggest you that first as go into BIOS and press F9 key to load the setup defaults. Also make sure that Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS if there is such an option.

I was also having the same problem with the notebook and when I called the service center for the same I came to know that the Toshiba consider this is a hardware issue as they have tested the V2.00 BIOS with almost each and every model from this series and they found Bluetooth was working. Thus if you are not able to recognize whether this is hardware problem or not then you should first downgrade the BIOS and the see Bluetooth works or not so you can be sure about that hardware at least.

I know about that because when I was having previous version’s BIOS installed in the machine it was running perfectly. Thus how can I say that this could be some problem in the hardware?

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I think you can have another option as well, like you should try to visit the service center once and tell the problem to them and see what they says.

And if possible then let them check your machine for any hardware fault. But till that it is strongly recommended as you should not try to make get it repair from outside technician as it may lose your warranty.

Having the same issue, I have come across this;

I have not tried this solution yet but will let you know..

No luck so far, looks like I will be taking the advice given by Algonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by tbecroft View Post
    No luck so far, looks like I will be taking the advice given by Algonkin.
    That will be best for you and you will surely get the exact solution from Toshiba support.....good Luck!!!