Thread: In Acer Iconia Tab A501 USB is not working.

In Acer Iconia Tab A501 USB is not working.

Recently I bought the new Acer Iconia Tab A501 android tablet, and now after few days I can see that there are problem with the USB. The problem is when I connect with the USB, at that time I cant see all the files or folder contains in that USB. For example if I am having files within folders. Here I want to upload the folders, but when I connect it at that time I see only the folder not the content of that folder. So what can I do here with my Acer Iconia Tab A501? Is that problem is related with the Acer Iconia Tab A501 os it is caused by the USB only? Please suggest me in this case.

Re: In Acer Iconia Tab A501 USB is not working.

Here first tell us that which version of the Android version you are using? The latest version is 3.2 and I think that 3.1 resolved some USB and SD card issues. So please reply me back that which version of the Operating system you are running on?

Actually I don’t know that that it is running on which version. But here in this case I can say that this is running on whatever it comes with when I bought it. And also I have get the uploaded OS online from somewhere, but here I don’t have the more knowledge about this thing.

Here, I can say that, recently I upgraded to the Honeycomb 3.2 before few days. And here before that I was running with the version of 3.01, but before that all the things was running so good, but when I upgraded it to the new Honeycomb 3.2 version then I start getting some of the problem. The problem is that I can only read the USB or SD card which has formatted using the FAT not NTFS. I wa not thinking to do this update but my tablet prompted me to download an update and it brought me up to version 3.2 of honeycomb. And now my tablet can read the NTFS partitions , and here no need to reformate my all flash drives.

Here I can say you that, if you are trying for the install the new update then I will suggest you to give me the following information and then I will help you to install the updates:

• The SNID of the tablet.
    • The build number of the tablet (you can find this in the About Tablet Section)
    • The size of the update file

While updating your Acer Iconia Tab A501 with the latest version of the OS then at that time make sure that your tablet have the more power and also it is having the good wifi signal strength during the updating process. This will help you to install the pack easily.

Here are the steps for download the update:
    • First you will need to go to the Settings > Application > Development > enable Stay Awake.
    • And then Settings > Screen > Timeout > set the value to 30 Minutes.
    • After this plug in your charger adapter to your tablet.
    • and hen you can proceed with the update or you can also check the availability for the Update under About Tablet.

Hope this all steps will help in your case.

Before going for the latest update I wi8ll suggest you that, first make sure that your USB is working fine. For making sure about that try the same USB with the other tablet or the computer system and see it is working fine or not? If it is not working then at that time you will need to buy the new USB not go with the update. And if that USB will works than you should they with the update.

Hey all, thanks a lot for suggesting me about the steps that how to update the latest version of the OS. I will try with that, and if I get any difficulties in that then I will report here back.

Recently I have also bought the new Acer Iconia Tab A501 and I am very happy to have such type of the tablet. But today io found the same problem of USB not working properly. For get it working again I have also tried with the suggestion on the so many of th forms and there I found that still the same problem appears with my Acer Iconia Tab A501 tablet. After connecting I can only see the folders in the computer not the contains of that folders, so for that reason I came here to know the reason for that and after that I found the suggestion over here and also I can see that the initial user get resolve his problem after following the steps over here. So I also decided to follow the same thing. And after following the suggestion I found that all things again working fine. Thanks for suggesting such a useful solution for me.