Thread: Acer Iconia Tab A501: new OS update can’t work.

Acer Iconia Tab A501: new OS update can’t work.

Recently I have taken the new Acer Iconia Tab A501, and in this Monday I found that it is telling me that new update is available need to update. For that I downloaded the update and after the download finished at that time it get restarted and then it comes back with the blue bug picture wit the red exclamation mark. And for that I switched off the tablet and rebooted it again. And at that it says that the update is failed. After that I remove the external SD card and t6hen I started the tablet again and I found that it is saying the same thing that update failed. So for resolving this problem I came here, can anyone have any good idea for me? If yes, then please suggest me back.

Re: Acer Iconia Tab A501: new OS update can’t work.

Newly I also have own the Acer Iconia Tab A501, and I was very happy to use this tablet. I was thinking for the update notice and there I came to know after two days, at that time I got very happy that now I will run my tablet in the new OS version. And for that reason I have also accepted the downloads, but it get freezes after 30% or after 90% of the total download size? And I don’t know any of the way to resume that download at all. So when it get freezes at that time, I have to restart the download e3ach time and every time it get restarted. For resolving that I have also checked the Wi-Fi connection but nothing good happens in my cause. So cam here to know some important suggestion from here.

Here can you tell me that is there any way that I can download the update in the PC and after the downloading I can sync using Acer Sync. And then my problem will get solved? I am asking for that because I am having the download manager, so I can resumes the downloading and start the connection again if it get fails by some reasons.

Related with the update I am also having the problem that I, while update is ru8nning if at that time my tablet goes in the sleep mode then the connection will be lost and again I have to restart the process. What setting should I change to not happen this thing?

I am having one application for the tablet which doesn’t allow screen to go into saver mode or off. So in your cause i will suggest you to download that software only. And that is keepscreen, using this I am sure that the tablet will not go in the sleep mode and you can easy finished with the downloading the OS update. I am suggesting you this because I am suing that application, not for that reason but, here I can say that it will help you to keep the screen on of your tablet.

Before few day I also receive the same system notification 4.031.26 and for that I start downloaded the whole update. And after the update gets finished at that time it says that in valid update. And also it says that Package file is invalid, update canceled. I have tried three times with the same update but all the three times I get the same error message. Here I am thinking that this is caused by the network. Or this update is not supported by the tablet system. What would you like to say in my cause? Anyone else having the same problem?

While going with the update I will suggest you to check that this update is supported by your tablet or not. For that in the details of the update you can try with checking the system compatibility for the update. Try with that, and if it have the list for your table then try with one more time with the update and report me back.

Hey all thanks for suggesting me on update, but here after following this all steps I came to know that they are not working in my cause. What to do now? Any other suggestion in this cause?

I am also having the same problem and when I switch on the Tablet at that time I found that it comes with the blue bug picture, and say that fails with the update, try again. I am having Acer Iconia Tab A501 from the last few days. I have tried the suggestion on the so many of the forums and at that time I found that all the suggestion are not working in my cause. and recently I have seen the suggestion on this forums and after following that I found that all are now working fine, so thanks for suggesting me about the proper suggestion.