Thread: Need solution to install a stock rom manually into acer a501

Need solution to install a stock rom manually into acer a501

I am using a acer a501 and i have already made a dump of new 3.2 honeycomb for acer A501 and i just needed some suggestion in order to put 3.0 Honeycomb in my acer A501 but as i am a newbie in the world of android system i dont have much idea about how to do it.Is there any one who have an idea about this.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need solution to install a stock rom manually into acer a501

I dont have a detail idea about how to do it bit i remember the steps and they are as followed:
    • Firstly if you have not rooted your phone then you have to Root your Iconia
    • Secondly you have to Download and install the Acer Recovery Installer from the Android Market.
    • And using that you have to install the rom

In order to Root for stock HC3.1 you have to F Go to the Settings->Applications and then enable the "Unkown sources" Then just Download the attached APK file And Copy the file to your Iconia And then Install the APK & start the tool but i will suggest you to use it on your own risk though many people have used the same solution and have solved it out so even you can use it if you want.

what all you have to do is just download the "Acer_A501_1.309.02_COM_GEN1_SD_update.zip" file and then just rename the file to update.zip and after renaming it just put it on the root of a microsd card and then just Turn off the a501 and then turn it on and then just hold the the power button + volume up.After yo do all this the stock 3.0.1 rom will be installed.Hope that was quite easy to help you out.Just try it and let me no whet\her it is working for you or not.Best of luck

I have heard that we have to unroot before we root and the problem i am now facing is that when i am clicking on the "unroot" then both the files are getting disappeared and IconiaRoot is giving me a error message saying that "Something went wrong and you are rooted and the permissions are rwsr-sr-x also i am very well able to see the RootExplorer without changing any thing and i have already made a logfile but then i dont have and idea regarding sending it through the pm.Any help regarding this will be appreciated.