Thread: Getting 3g dropouts with Acer Iconia a501

Getting 3g dropouts with Acer Iconia a501

Hello friends, I have the A501 Iconia the other day and I'm pretty pleased with him, except I'm having a problem just a few dropouts 3G for several minutes before finally the connection is resumed, is anyone else having a similar problem? So please tell me and also you have the solution to solve it then please tell me and also which is the best method to do it as the solution which you will provide me will be helpful and also will solve my problems. Thank you.

Re: Getting 3g dropouts with Acer Iconia a501

Have been using the A501 on the Telstra one day so far. There was abandonment, but I'm not sure about the cause. To fix this, all I did was turn flight mode from time to time and it was back ... Waiting for 3.1 update. I would not be troubled about it until then...

I am contain troubles with 3G connections on this device however I have not had the luxury of completely isolate the cause of the problem. I thought the whole thing with the delay of these babies was the certification of 3G, but since I've lived now I wonder.... every time I go mobile in 3G Movistar seems frozen and when I try to switch it off by entering airplane mode HSDPA connection still shows the three minutes, but the device says I'm not connected to the network..... When reswitch the example of airplane mode that appears to be about 3 minutes before it reconnects to the network and provides straightforward web pages through Google. When USNG via Wi-Fi (802.1g) works like a charm, so now I'm wonder if the damn thing is only good for wireless use. I also note that I am not able to discover whatever thing those allow me to simply synchronize simply with my Samsung mobile phones by means of Bluetooth DUN to fill gaps when my shitty Samsung has access to the network, but the device itself does not. I admit that this is only in the Movistar network and I'm waiting for other Sims to test the issue, however, my Samsung maintains network connection where the a501 doesn't. Apart from this device is great. It is unfortunate that the waiting time of 6 minutes in things though.... 3g

It may be best to see if someone in Telstra has the same problem. I found that my connection to another computer Optus is not as robust as Telstra. Movistar does not seem to invest heavily in making the network as reliable.

I just got the GB 501/32 yesterday, replacing my IPAD2. Got tired of not being able to make full use of external storage media like USB and SD on the iPad. The 501 is in my view, a superior device than the iPhone 2 at various levels. I utilize Telstra Next G and it seem rock hard and speedy. You can not report any drop in use for more than a few hours today.

This problem still seems to be occurring in Optus, especially when mobile. I am waving to airplane mode and back every 15 minutes to reconnect and restart full every two hours. Treated with a Telstra SIM for a day or two, and I just had the same problem once. I guess the problem is how to respond when the signal is lost completely and then have to collect and connect again - as this is a much more likely to occur in the Movistar network in Telstra. Again, in the hope of a solution of 3.1.

A501 is not getting 3.1, go directly to 3.2. I have personally been in contact with representatives of Acer because of this and other problems, and I assure you that should solve the problems. In addition, the eta of 3.2 is sometime in August, but we have a precise date. It also means that ETA Acer version upgrade, but may take longer to pin point of fact be given the tablets update