Thread: Can I downgrade Iphone 3GS for playing videos on websites after 4.3.5 upgrade.

Can I downgrade Iphone 3GS for playing videos on websites after 4.3.5 upgrade.

One of Limera1n blog readers was able to downgrade his iPhone 3GS from iOS 4.3.5 to 4.1 firmware. Can I do this process for solving my problem? My problem is that when I try to play videos on websites then it stopped and this happens after finishing the upgrade task. I upgrade firmware to the 4.3.5 and I am not sure that this happens because of the upgrade. if any body have something to add please do thanks.

Re: Can I downgrade Iphone 3GS for playing videos on websites after 4.3.5 upgrade.

If you have quit sure that this problem arrives because of the upgrade task. Then only you need to try this downgrade process. Otherwise it will be harmful to your iPhone. Sometimes, it happen that the iPhone 4 not work in well manner. In that case, we need to make sure the real reason behind this problem. I think you need to properly check the number of other problems and the reason behind them.

Re: Can I downgrade Iphone 3GS for playing videos on websites after 4.3.5 upgrade.

After reading your reply I am little bit confuse but later on I understand your thoughts. The problem Still I am not sure that this problem happens because of the upgrade problem but it happen after doing upgrade task. Then help me to solve this problem.

If you have sure that this problem arrives after upgrade then you need to follow the below process to solve this problem.
    • First download your SHSH blobs from Saurik’s server to laptop and connect iPhone to it. Then select Device/Version ->Advanced Options and choose firmware version for downgrade process. Then grab your SHSH files.
    • Download firmware that you wish for to downgrade to from your iPhone model using iPhone Download option.
    • Then activate DFU and recovery Mode on iPhone.
    • Run TinyUmbrella and click the “Display SHSHs” button. Finally hit “Start TSS Server”.

Your iPhone will be downgraded/restored to the iOS version. This process has to be effective for solving complicated type of problem.

Instead of using this longest process, you can also try to access the iPhone functions by just trying to do factory reset task on it. This process restores the setting of the iPhone. In reply, the iPhone works on its own default setting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    If you have sure that this problem arrives after upgrade then you need to follow the below process to solve this problem.
    • First download your SHSH blobs from Saurik’s server to laptop and connect iPhone to it. Then select Device/Version ->Advanced Options and choose firmware version for downgrade process. Then grab your SHSH files.
    • Download firmware that you wish for to downgrade to from your iPhone model using iPhone Download option.
    • Then activate DFU and recovery Mode on iPhone.
    • Run TinyUmbrella and click the “Display SHSHs” button. Finally hit “Start TSS Server”.

Your iPhone will be downgraded/restored to the iOS version. This process has to be effective for solving complicated type of problem.
    I by mistake installed the iPhone 4.1 8b117 version and wanted to downgrade it. Can I use the similar process for doing this above mentioned process?

Yes this is the normal process that has work on the iPhone type of devices. There is not any compatibility problem arrives on this iPhone 4 device. Try this and before doing any think check number of other ways to do similar process.

Basic troubleshooting is reset, restart, restore. There is no need to follow such complicated and risky task. This task might be harmful to the firmware. Because of this process, you need to reinstall the firmware of this iPhone. Hence I suggest to you for before doing this downgrade process, first try this reset, restart, restore ways. This helps to you for check that it works or not.

TinyUmbrella application software also helps to solve this type of problem. You can use this software for SHSH files downloading task. Then use this software and take the help of the software manual for solving your problem.

This is the expected and correct way for it to work. I have personally used this simple way and solve so many problems on my iPhone. if this problem cannot be fixed, then you need to contact the developer of the iPhone. That is contact to the official expert of the Apple.