Thread: Charging cable is suddenly not supporting iphone 4

Charging cable is suddenly not supporting iphone 4

Recently I have purchased an AT&T 32GB Iphone4 with the latest iOS. I have recently updated my iphone 4 with the latest software update. I am using my iphone 4 without any problems. Yesterday I wanted to charge my iphone 4 so I plugged the charging cable to the phone in-order to charge the phone. I get a message that the accessories in not supported and hence it is not charging. I have tried with three different cables but all in vain and I couldn’t charge it all. My friend has the same iphone 4 which is charging with the same cables with which I had tried. I didn’t face any charging issues before so I don’t know what has happened suddenly. My iphone 4 is dead. I was trying to sync yesterday but it died while syncing. Currently I am not able to use it for anything. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Charging cable is suddenly not supporting iphone 4

I suppose that the problem that you are facing is because of the battery. I think the battery has got faulty. I would suggest you to get the battery of your iphone checked. If your battery is not fine then get the battery replaced. One of my friends had some problem while charging his iphone, so he got the battery replaced and his charging problem got resolved. You can visit any apple store near your place and get it checked. If your iphone is under warranty period then I think you will be benefited. You can also call the customer support and ask them about the issue. I hope that this is a battery issue because if the issue is because of something else then I think it is not good for your iphone. Make sure that you don’t get your phone repaired or anything by normal technician. Go to the apple store only.

I think you should try to follow some trouble shooting steps. Below I have mentioned few steps that you can try out. I am sure that this will help you in resolving the issue of yours.

Try to connect the iphone to an usb port. You can connect to your computer or use ac adapter. Try to keep your phone connected so that it charges this way. Make sure that the usb port to which you have connected your iphone is not low powered port because iphone’s require high power usb ports to charge. If you notice that the red part of the battery is flashing 3 times and then screen goes black. If the iphone 4’s battery is very low then I think you will see that display would be blank. After this, try to restart the iphone. I hope you know how to restart the iphone. Then try to update the iphone or itunes software. I hope this will resolve the issue. Also make sure that you are using the latest version of itunes. Then you must try to restore the itunes.

I would like to say that I have tried the troubleshooting steps but unfortunately it didn’t work. When I try to restart the iphone, actually nothing happened. My iphone battery is completely dead. It is not at all charging. I think I need some other steps do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Please help me in resolving this. Is there any fix?

I would suggest you to check the dock connector on the bottom of your iphone. I would say that if you find any dirt or dust there or if there is any moisture then clean it. You can use a soft brush to clean the area. After cleaning, try to connect the iphone to the wall charger, make sure that you keep it charged for at least 30 minutes and reset it.

I think that there is some problem with the charging cable. I would suggest you to try another cable. I think if another cable works fine then there is some issue with your cable, you can try out different cable and see the difference.