Thread: Second-hand iphone is not able to sync to itunes as it seems to be locked by the previous owner

Second-hand iphone is not able to sync to itunes as it seems to be locked by the previous owner

Actually i had bought a second hand iPhone 3G and the problem is that i am not able to sync with iTunes as i had a reset in order to get rid of the previous owner’s settings.Now i am just locked out my phone and i ma not able to sync via iTunes as well.I dont know what to do? any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Second-hand iphone is not able to sync to itunes as it seems to be locked by the previous owner

I don think that the Second-hand phone should have any problem when you are restoring it.Before i suggest you anything just tell me whether you are connected to the computer directly using a usb port and not a hub? and did you made sure that you have disabled your antivirus and firewall? and have you tried pressing and holding the HOME button AFTER plugging it in? because sometimes it can take some minutes for the iTunes to "see" it in a Recovery mode.Just answer all of the question above so i can suggest you a solution for it or where are you making the mistake at least.

Re: Second-hand iphone is not able to sync to itunes as it seems to be locked by the previous owner

Even i have been facing the same kind of problem and i have already tried holding down the home button after plugging it in and after i did so i had noticed a different screen and i got a usb to iTunes connection page but unfortunately without a padlock icon or say the emergency call option and it was not showing the iTunes device manager.Is there anyone having a idea about it.

What all you can do is just connect to the internet and then get the latest version of the iTunes and then go in to the iTunes and then just click on Edit > Preferences... > Devices and just check there if you are able to see your device in there and t5hen if you are able to see your device then just follow the restoring process and it will probably solve your problem but if you dont find your device in the iTunes then let me know so i can help you further to solve this issue.Hope that helps.

If your device is not being recognized by the iTunes than what all you can do is just place your device in the recovery mode and then try to restore it again but then if you face any error code than just disconnect your phone from the computer and then switch off your mobile and if you are not able to switch of the phone using the slider than press and hold the on/off and Home buttons at the same time and then just reconnect it to the usb cable again and continue it holding for some time in order to see "Connect to iTunes" screen and once if you get this screen then you wont have any problem in restoring the phone.just check it out and let me know.

It should have worked with at least with one of the solutions above as these solution have been proved working by many people.I am not sure whether operating system matters or not because i have came across most of the people restoring it were having mac so if it is possible for you just try to do the same process on the mac but if you still face the same problem than i think that it can be some kind of hardware problem and you may need to delete your copy of iTunes and Quicktime and get it reinstalled.