Thread: Apple iPhone constantly dropping WiFi connections

Apple iPhone constantly dropping WiFi connections

Here I came to know that is anyone also facing the problem of constantly dropping WiFi connections on their Apple iPhone? When I am trying to get the Wi-Fi connection at that time get connected but still after the few time, it drops the connection and then I have to re-establishes it, but again after few minutes it again drop the connection. This is causing the big problem to me and this look like the killer to the realtime apps like facetime. And here I think that if this is not problem with the all the non-Apple WiFi devices work fine in my environment then here in this cause I would be disposed to think that it was just a high interference issue in my office environment. For resolving this issue I have also tried with the tweaking all the usual wifi settings like Fragmentation Thresholds, RTS/CTS settings, channels. But no of them helped me in this cause. If anyone have the solution about this problem then please suggest me for this thing.

Re: Apple iPhone constantly dropping WiFi connections

In my office also I have seen the same performance with the different models of the Cisco access points. And the same problem I am having with my Apple iPad, and in my office I have the Wi-Fi connection and this not being used by the Apple iPhone. But in my iPod cause I can say that this is not 3G so this is ok if it is not working but what about the same behavior in the iPhone? I know that this is totally different from your cause but this was my experience with my iPhone. I am admin in the office but here I have not used any type of the setting in the access point. Here in this cause also I need some good suggestion.

Thanks for telling me about your experience with the iPhone. And after seeing your problem I can say that this looks like similar to mine. Here I can say that for all the users of the IPhones and IPads on my network they are also facing the same problem. And I am facing this problem with the realtime apps like FaceTime.

Here after searching on this topic I came to know that this is common [problem with the most of the users of the Apple iPhone, even with the iPad, and most of them are having the same problem up till now. And here I came to know that the solution is related with the following factor:
    • 802.11x
    • router configuration
    • temperature
    • app conflict
    • 3G
    • General->Reset->Reset Network
    • signs of the Zodiac

ans I also came to know that the only good suggestion for this problem is to reset the iPhone as a new device. And due to this thing they lost there most of the data.

I am not agree with your suggestion, here you are saying that this problem is related with all the iPhones or iPads, because in my office I can see that there are so many iPhones or iPads on my office working on the Cisco network and all are working fine and none of them having this type of the problem. I think for this problem Verizon MiFi and MiFi 4G devices are famous not the Apple iPhone and Apple iPod.

Here I came to know that this is due to the mixed mode of the network WPA or WPA2. So here I will try with only WPA. And after this I will report back about my results.

Yes, I got it working again. Thanks for the suggestion about this, for resolving the problem I first uses the only WPA not the mixed network WPA or WPA2. And after that I use the steps which are there in the above post. And after that I noticed that the connection is now not dropping.