Thread: iPhone 3GS: need help to work with the Airport Extreme

iPhone 3GS: need help to work with the Airport Extreme

Hey hi all, I am having the new Apple iPhone 3GS and I am having this from the last few months only. Here I want to say that my Apple MacBook pro works fine with the new Aiport Extreme, but when I am trying with the my Apple iPhone 3GS, I can’t be able to find the home networks for it. Please suggest me that is this is an problem with the iPohne 3GS or I am missing something in the setting? Reply me for that.

Re: iPhone 3GS: need help to work with the Airport Extreme

Ok, I came to know that you are having this problem with our Apple iPhone 3GS, in this cause I would like to suggest you that check with the other iPhone devices that they are able to find your home networks or not? If yes, they are able to do that then I will suggest you to make sure about settings like :
    • Are you have set your network setting your self?
    • And also check for the visibility for the networks, it might happens that it is hidden for that reason only your iPhone is not able to detect home network.
    • And also check that are you have set the safety limits while connecting with the devices?
    • Go and check for this all setting and try again with searching the home networks.

I have some steps which can help lto resolve the Wi-Fi issues. Try with that and hope that they will help in your cause. And the steps are as:
    • First step, to turn the Wi-Fi off and then on it again.
    • And while connection first makes sure that you are within the range of the router.
    • And before that make sure that you have connected your router to the power source and they are working fine.
    • And, after that try with the other portable devices like portable computers with this Wi-Fi connection
    • And also if the again same problem occurs then I will suggest upgrading your router for the latest firmware.

Thanks for suggesting me about the steps for before I start with searching the home network using my Apple iPhone 3GS. I tried with that but still having same problem. Can you have any good steps for the same problem then please suggest me for this. And also report me if anyone having the same problem and resolve this using the steps present in the above post

Yes, I was suffering from this problem and here I found the steps for resolving the problem. And after doing as suggested in the above post I came to know that now my problem get resolve in this cause. Thanks for suggesting this type of the use full steps for me.

Here, if after following with the above steps you are not getting anything then I have some steps in the brief which are as:
    1. First check that your Wi-Fi router is running on the latest firmware software.
    2. If here in your cause you are using the Wi-Fi base station then keep it up to date.
    3. And make sure that your devices are working properly in the recommended setting.
    4. And if possible to you then try to make the backup of your current router setting.
    5. And for doing this all setting in better sense then try to refer with the product documentation or manufacturer's website.
    6. Try with this, hope they will help in your case.

Thanks a lot for suggesting me such a important setting, I have tried with then and finally I cam e to know that now my iPhone is now able to find the home networks. Now all the things are running so fine. Thanks for that. If I found any other problem related with that then I will report over here only.

For resolving the same problem I was also search9ing for the suggestion all over on the so many good forums, and after coming here I came to know the suggestion. I would like to use the suggested steps for resolving the problem, because I can see here that one user who is having this problem get resolve his problem after following the suggested steps. So I would also like to use the same way as here suggested, I will report here back about the results.