Thread: Is there a way to reset forgotten Restrictions password with iPhone restore?

Is there a way to reset forgotten Restrictions password with iPhone restore?

I am using a iPhone and i had restricted some purchased applications from my friends and Unfortunately i dont remember the password and now i want to see on of my purchased application so i just wanted to know that is it possible to reset the iPhone and later restore from a backup in order to remove the password.Is there a person having a idea about this and can help me out as well.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is there a way to reset forgotten Restrictions password with iPhone restore?

In order to restore the phone:
    • Just Press and hold the On/Off button till you get the red slider.
    • Slide the red slider to turn off the phone and then turn it on again
    • If you are not able to turn off the phone than you have to go for a force quit.
    • For a force quit Press and hold the On/Off button till you get the red slider again.
    • And then press and hold the home button till the application quits.
    • and then Press and hold the On/Off button as well as the Home button at a time for ten seconds till you see the apple logo.

Re: Is there a way to reset forgotten Restrictions password with iPhone restore?

As far as i know if you have forgot your password then you will have to restore the iPhone software via iTunes.In order to restore your phone using the iTunes just follow the below steps:
    • Get the latest version of iTunes.
    • Then connect your phone and then select your Phone after you are able to see it in iTunes under Devices section.
    • Then select the summary tab and then the restore option.
    • And when it prompts for backup before restoring then just select the Back Up option.
    • After that just Select the Restore option and when it prompts again and you have to backed up it then you dont have to worry.
    • After this process is complete your phone will restart.
    • After restore the iPhone will display the "Connect to iTunes" screen and just wait until yo get "iPhone is activated".
    • keep in mind that you need a internet connection for this process.
    • Lastly restore your phone from the backup you have taken.
    • Then in iTunes Select the backup for and then continue till the restoration.
    • In case you are not willing to do restore from backup then you can select "Set up as new…" as well

Even i am having the same problem but i had a different situation,any ways i have already completed the restore process and have chose backup as per the instruction above but after all this i am still having the same problem.I am not getting rid of the restriction lock.Is there any other method of removing the restriction lock without loosing my data.Any further helping suggestion will be appreciated.

The above method should have solved your problem as i have seen this to be a solution in many forum for problem like this but it is really sounding weird if it is not solving it out.As far as i know The restrictions pass code is basically stored with the iPhone backup and the only way to get rid of it is to do a restore it as a new phone but not from the iPhone backup but here you will have to loose your data and if you dont mind for it then i will suggest you to try it out.

Just perform the following step and it will solve your problem:
    • Backup your phone
    • Keep a copy of your backup for safer side
    • Restore your phone
    • Then create a new iPhone
    • Then sync apps to your iPhone
    • open your app and get the apps you want
    • Restore your phone again
    • Then just restore from backup

and solved.