Thread: Unable to synchronize imap with read/unread flag using iOS 4.3

Unable to synchronize imap with read/unread flag using iOS 4.3

I hope you all have read the title properly, now that’s the problem with me and so what I want to say is that I am not able to synchronize the imap with any of the flags at all, so that’s the issue here. I had the same problem way back on iOS 4.1, then the same thing happened with the iOS 4.2 as well and now with the latest update iOS 4.3 it is giving the same problem. So I don’t know what to do in the situations like these. I am using dreamhost imap on my mac and on my iPhone, I am facing the same issue with my iPad as well. So that’s what I wanted to say here. I hope you all will be having some help for the same and hence that’s the reason why I am asking this question with you all. Waiting for the replies guys please do provide some help.

Re: Unable to synchronize imap with read/unread flag using iOS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ket!ak View Post
    I hope you all have read the title properly, now that’s the problem with me and so what I want to say is that I am not able to synchronize the imap with any of the flags at all, so that’s the issue here. I had the same problem way back on iOS 4.1, then the same thing happened with the iOS 4.2 as well and now with the latest update iOS 4.3 it is giving the same problem. So I don’t know what to do in the situations like these. I am using dreamhost imap on my mac and on my iPhone, I am facing the same issue with my iPad as well. So that’s what I wanted to say here. I hope you all will be having some help for the same and hence that’s the reason why I am asking this question with you all. Waiting for the replies guys please do provide some help.
    I wonder if the problem has been caused due to the dreamhost. Since I have seen that many apple users who are non dreamhost users also getting the same problem. So the problem is with the apple people and its all upon them to have a fix of it as soon as possible that’s what I think here. so lets see if there is a solution developed from them about the same.

I did call up the apple support for the same and hence what I got to hear it from them is that I should delete all the Dreamhost imap accounts that were there existing in the iPhone and then recreate it. the solution did work for me good time and hence I would ask you all to try with the same solution as well, who knows the solution will work very well with you, so go ahead and try out with the suggestion that I have given here and let me know if that works out for you or not. That’s it from my side for you all.

It seems to me as a kind of bug in this iPhone, god knows when will the solution be developed on the same and hence that’s the reason why I am waiting for the same. I have seen that if I change the read/unread status in Mac mail ad then refresh my iPhone it works perfectly well. Now when I try toggling the read/unread mails in the iPhone and once again if I refresh it no effect in the changes at all. so that’s what the issue. I must say that the same thing happens with the inbox only and nothing else. Don’t know when I will be getting the solution for the same, that’s what I am waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullalagi View Post
    It seems to me as a kind of bug in this iPhone, god knows when will the solution be developed on the same and hence that’s the reason why I am waiting for the same. I have seen that if I change the read/unread status in Mac mail ad then refresh my iPhone it works perfectly well. Now when I try toggling the read/unread mails in the iPhone and once again if I refresh it no effect in the changes at all. so that’s what the issue. I must say that the same thing happens with the inbox only and nothing else. Don’t know when I will be getting the solution for the same, that’s what I am waiting for.
    Using any alternate option like gmail would be the ideal choice for you at this point of time. So that’s what I think would be the ideal thing for you to do right now. So that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullalagi View Post
    Guys don’t ypou all know about the Dreamhost's instructions for setting up IMAP, all you have to do is go to the incoming Mail settings and turn off the SSL. Now having done that set the port to 143. Change this in the iPhone and also the iPad as well and I am sure that you will be able to get the perfect solution for the same. so that’s what I am saying here. do the necessary changes and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    Using any alternate option like gmail would be the ideal choice for you at this point of time. So that’s what I think would be the ideal thing for you to do right now. So that’s it from my side for you all.
    Those who are all telling us about using the gmail as an alternate option for the imap then let me tell you that Gmail is also giving the same problem as we can see now. So that’s what I want to say here. I hope you all do understand what I want to say here. However I will be giving a try for the above said solution that you have given me over here and I am sure that I will work on it. I will let you know if that did work for me or not. So that’s what I want to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    Guys don’t ypou all know about the Dreamhost's instructions for setting up IMAP, all you have to do is go to the incoming Mail settings and turn off the SSL. Now having done that set the port to 143. Change this in the iPhone and also the iPad as well and I am sure that you will be able to get the perfect solution for the same. so that’s what I am saying here. do the necessary changes and that’s it.
    Nothing is working for me at all. I did try with the SSL turned on and turned off, on port 143 and 993, frankly speaking it did not make any difference at all for me. so that’s what the case is here and I don’t know what to do in this case, well it is good that for some of you all it is working well and for some it is not working well. Now what I am saying is that I would like the apple people to come up with some kind of solutiuon for the same. so that’s what I am hoping for. Guys also note that I am running the latest version of iOS and still no answers at all. so that’s why please help me guys out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    Resetting the account does fixes out the problem in majority of the cases and many of them had got the problem solved because of the iOS 4.3 update. So let’s hope that the same method does works out for you as well, what’s the harm in giving a try there.