Thread: iPhone won't turn on past the silver Apple logo

iPhone won't turn on past the silver Apple logo

I have facing a lot of problems related to Apple iPhone now a days. It started freezing on me. So I decided to reset it to the defaults. I tried pressing the power button and then the home button. It got shut down. After 1 hour I tried to turn it on but it won't start. Every time I try it, it stuck at silver Apple logo. It won't move further. I even tried the resetting process once again but nothing helps. Can you suggest me any solutions?

Re: iPhone won't turn on past the silver Apple logo

Go to iTunes, connect your iPhone with your computer. Now press the Power button for few seconds and then also press the home button for another few seconds. Now leave the power button keeping the Home button still under pressure. This brings your iPhone into DFU mode. Thus you can restore your iPhone with the help of iTunes.

Go to DFU mode of your iPhone by connecting your computer to the device with the help of the USB connection. You will not see anything in the screen of your iPhone by it is certainly in DFU mode. Now put your iPhone to RECOVERY MODE. For this connect your iPhone to your computer and then turn it OFF. Now press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds. Now leave the power button for another 10 seconds. Thus your iTunes from your computer with recognize it showing you a screen with USB cable and iTunes connection. That's it you are ready to restore your iPhone from your computer.

It the recovery method didn't worked then that certainly seems to be some hardware problem. To get it fixed you need to take it to the nearest Apple store and ask them to look into the matter. I don't think Apple would be charging you for anything that is involved in the hardware cause but if it is due to your negligence then you certainly have to pay some money to get it fixed. But one thing is for sure that you will get the device fixed and working if you visit the store. This is why Apple's service well known world wide.

Connect your iPhone to the iPhone charger and let it charge for at least 10 minutes.
    - If the iPhone doesn't turn on after charging for at least 10 minutes, try to reset the iPhone while the iPhone charger is still being connected.
    - If that didn't worked then connect the iPhone to a computer and open iTunes. If iTunes recognizes the iPhone and indicates that it is in recovery mode, then restore the iPhone. You can visit Apple website for further assistance.
    - If still nothing works then make sure if the Liquid Submersion Indicator (LSI) in the headphone jack or 30-pin connector is activated.

Do you lose any data like in your notepad, songs etc when you recover it?? I'm having the same problem with my iPhone but the DFU/recovery method isn't working. I took it to a Mac store.. They said they couldn't fix it but told me about a company that could *maybe* get my stuff off it for around 1k ... I'm hoping there's another way to fix it because I don't have that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavior View Post
    Do you lose any data like in your notepad, songs etc when you recover it?? I'm having the same problem with my iPhone but the DFU/recovery method isn't working. I took it to a Mac store.. They said they couldn't fix it but told me about a company that could *maybe* get my stuff off it for around 1k ... I'm hoping there's another way to fix it because I don't have that kind of money.
    Can you connect your iphone to the computer and open itunes and check if it is detected in the itunes software. If so then try to restore it to the latest firmware and see if that helps sort out the issue. If this doesnt work then try to follow the suggestions given in this similar kind of threads - While restart iPhone freeze at Apple logo
    iOS4 got stuck in apple logo after resetting
    iPhone 3G stuck at Apple logo screen
    iPhone 4: stuck on black screen with the logo
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"