Thread: How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire One D255E?

How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire One D255E?

Recently my father game me present on the my recent birthday, and the present was the new Acer Aspire One D255E netbook. I am really very happy to have this type of the netbook. I came here to know something about how can I upgrade the RAM in the Acer Aspire One D255E? it have only 1GB of the RAM so I want to upgrade it to the 2GB stick., so if any of you have the suggestion that how can I upgrade the RAM then please suggest me back got this.

Re: How to upgrade RAM in Acer Aspire One D255E?

After watching for the suggestion for your question I came to know that it is not very easy for you to remove the RAM for upgrade and also for removing the hard drive. Because for upgrading the RAM, you will need to open the keyboard of the Netbook and battery also. Is the Costco one still a good deal and value getting since i really wants a small netbook. And after that only you can upgrade the RAM and also hard drive.

And also suggest me that, can I upgrade the hard drive? If yes then what are the steps for doing this thing? And thanks for suggesting me the above steps.

Thanks dude, after seen the difference I can see that N550 is noticeably faster than the N450. And also it have the good battery as compared with the N450. For that reason I have decided to take this one only from the my use. And in this case I am sure that I can easily upgrade the RAM. I am having the extra RAM stick which was there in the mid-2010 13" MacBook Pro. Here tell me that can it works with the new netbook which I have also tell me will it provide the same speed or not?

And in this case I think that the more costly one is dual core CPU. And while upgrade I can say that this will be the only thing which will cost more in the upgrade.

I think that there is no need to think more on the 7 screws on the bottom of the laptop, because they have to do nothing while replacing the RAM. For removing the RAM you will need to remove the battery first and after that remove the keyboard also using the standard screwdriver to help pry the keyboard out. I think that there are five screws so you will need to remove them all for replacing the RAM. And after removing the keyboard, remove by gently push and the bottom center will pop out exposing the ram, it is little hard but I am sure that you will easily remove the RAM using this method. Try with that and reply back if get any problem while removing the RAM.

Hey friend, thanks for suggesting me that thing. After I saw your suggestion at that time only I tried with that. And before trying with that I have decided to open the keyboard and with it extra Scorpio black drive. But here I have also some more question related with that and the question is that will that Mac ram work in it? Please suggest me for that.

First tell me that are you have the netbook? And also tell me are you asking to replace the RAM of the Netbook?

I mean to ask you that you have done the upgrade to the 2gb of the RAM so is that was successful? Because I don’t know that how can I do the same thing on my netbook. I have also tried with the removing the key board and also investigate when I get the chance

Please tell me any further updates for that and also tell me the update on what memory worked and also tell me that from where can I get this all updates?

Recently I have taken the new Acer AOD 255-1268 from the MC, and it is having the 6cell battery. And after that I have done the upgrade also and also upgraded the 2 GB Crucial DDR3-1333 RAM, all works great. Also I have done the installation of the Windows 7 and seen that this is very snappy even using the 5400 rpm drive. And after compairing with the previour one Eee-PC Atom N280 netbook and I came to know that that was like a small kid in front of this one. But here in this case also I can say the three things worth mentioning which are as follows:-
    • Only use DDR3-1333 memory because I have also tried with the 2 GB DDR3-1066 module, and it would not boot at all.
    • Upgrade the BIOS first! Latest one is now v3.15. Mine came with v3.09.
    • And while removing the keyboard we have to be very careful.

And still I love this thing very much and also I love the synaptics touchpad which it have.

Ok, now I came to know that how can I upgrade the RAM in Acer Aspire One D255E. but here still I am having the question they from where can I get the perfect RAM for the replacement? And aftyre getting the RAM how can I came to know that the RAM is original or it will works fine with my old Acer Aspire One D255E? and also thanks for suggesting me the above steps for upgrading the RAM.