Thread: Need help, Screen Minor Crack in the Apple MacBook Air 11”.

Need help, Screen Minor Crack in the Apple MacBook Air 11”.

I am having the new 11" Macbook Air, and I love this very much . after few weeks I notice that there is crack on the screen, I don’t know that from where and how screen get cracked but it will very good for me if anyone will suggest me about what can I do in this case? And here let me tell you that the crack is very small and I think that this is on the outer plastic not on the screen. Please also suggest me the steps if there is any need for the replacing the screen.

Re: Need help, Screen Minor Crack in the Apple MacBook Air 11”.

For that I think that the Apple store will help you a lot in this case. You are saying that you have recently bought this before few months so I am sure that it will be in the warranty period. So don’t try to replace the screen yourself. Because, if you opened your laptop then it might happens that it void the warranty period.

I am also sure that if you are having 11" Air then it will be still on the warranty. Because 11" Air came out in October 2010.

I think that if you have noticed the crack two weeks after you got the laptop, then it should still be under warranty. So it will be very good for you that that you replace the screen by taking the help of the Apple care. I am telling you this because it will be risky for you to replace the screen yourself\, and if anything else get corrupted then it will cause to more money loss.

I am not agree with the post which says that you have to not pay money for replacing the screen. This will only free of cost if this happens itself, if you have dropped something g on it then you will really need to pay for replacing the screen. It is the rule for in case of the warranty period.

Yes, this is still under the warranty period but let me tell you all that it is not only the minor crack, it is huge in my case. So here please suggest me that how can I replace the screen without going to the Apple care.

I was having the problem related with the screen and the problem is that I am getting the dead pixels on the screen. For that I have decided to visit on the Apple Store as soon as I can. But I would like to know something if I can do with my laptop to work properly. I have no any idea which cause this thing but I have also not installed any new application in the system. If anyone have the suggestion about this then please suggest me for this cause and if anyone havening the same problem then also reply me here.

I will also suggest you to take it to the Apple care and they will fix it for the free. I am telling you this thing because of the I was also having this type of the crack on my laptop and after one month I came to know that there is crack on the screen. I take it to the apple care and they fix that for free. So you will also need to go there and take the use of the free service.

Hey friends, thanks to all of your for helping me in this cause. Now I am able to visit to the Apple Store and after that I am sure that they will fix this problem for free.

Here, if I say that I want to replace the screen myself and I don’t like to visit to the Apple care then, are you agree with that? If yes then please anyone suggest me that from where should I get the original screen for that and steps that includes the process to replace the screen?