Thread: Unable to restore Windows Phone 7, stopped during update, Restore error 80180083

Unable to restore Windows Phone 7, stopped during update, Restore error 80180083

I have bought a Windows Phone 7. Recently I was trying to update my WP7 but suddenly it stopped during the update process and now it is not restoring at all. When I try to do so, I get an error saying 80180083 file is corrupt. And so as for now my WP7 is of no use. I want to know that is it possible so that I can again download the software back into my WP7. This was second time when I got this problem when I was trying to update. When I bought a new phone then I did update for February 2011 successfully but when I tried to do update for March 2011 then it got crashed. Please, help me out anyway. I really need a help for this, and it is bit urgent. So please provide me a solution as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to restore Windows Phone 7, stopped during update, Restore error 80180083

I think you should go to any of your nearest service centre and let then to fix this problem, because you said your update crashed two times. Now, if you don’t want to take any risk then I think you should really go to any nearby service centre because your phone is under warranty and they are really very good in solving such issues with Windows Phone 7.

Re: Unable to restore Windows Phone 7, stopped during update, Restore error 80180083

I must have visited to a nearest service centre, but the problem is that the service centre I too far from my living place, near about 46 miles and I don’t want to drive that long if I can fix this by myself. So going to service centre is my second option, and if you have any other suggestion so that I can get back the software to my Windows Phone 7, then please reply.

Actually I had the same problem once with my Phone and therefore I went to my nearest AT & T Device centre so that they can help me with something. When I gave my phone to them then they looked at it for once and then they gave me a replacement with a new Phone. So, I think you may also get a replacement for it and therefore according to me you must go to your nearest service centre.

I think you were really very lucky. I live in UK and my Orange store was not able to fix my phone. And as I got problem after the six month, when I bought this phone, and therefore I had to send my phone to HTC to fix it. I didn’t got any new phone in replacement of that from them, and the thing which was even more annoying was that I got my phone back after next six months. I don’t want to let it happen with this phone.

I also experienced the same problem yesterday when I was trying to update my Widows Phone 7. I also got the same error. Is there is any working solution for this. If anyone has any solution so that I can fix this, then please reply. My phone has become useless now because now it is not restoring and I cannot do anything with it.

This error can be because the Operating system might have been corrupted. And if that is so then here is a solution for this issue. In order to do an update you will always need a Windows Phone Connector software or Zune Software to be installed on your PC. And in this case you will have to install the current version of Widows Phone Support Tool. And for Windows Phone Support Tool you will need to have Zune software version 4.8 or the later version of it. Once you have installed both then again try to do update, I think now you will not get any problem but still if you get any issues during the process then you can reply here and I will try to help you out.

Thanks for providing that solution. That was the thing that I was expecting to get. But, I think it would be better if you can tell from where I can download the latest version of Zune software for my Computer. It will be better if you can provide me a link for it so that I will not have to search too much to download the latest version of Zune software. So, please reply me with the download link of the Zune software.

Here is the link for the latest version of Zune software for your PC: Download latest version of Zune Software for PC
    Download Zune software from this link and start updating your Windows Phone 7. And don’t forget to install Windows Phone support tool. And if you get any problem in the process then reply back again.

Thanks for providing me that link. So, now I have downloaded and installed the Zune software and the Windows Phone Support tool. Now I will update my Windows Phone 7 and I will get any problem or any crash with it I will reply here.