Thread: Does Windows Phone 7 support VOIP / SIP client

Does Windows Phone 7 support VOIP / SIP client

Hello friends, do you have the Windows 7 phone and also I want to know that the phone support VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls using a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based client? I told my sales rep at Bell Canada that the HTC HD7 had this capability, but cannot find it. So I want to ask you people does it find it or not and also you will be able to get the VoIP on it. So please give me the suggestion or the solution to get it, as I want to use it. The views of yours will be helpful and also it will help me to get the VoIP on the HTC phone. Thank you.

Re: Does Windows Phone 7 support VOIP / SIP client

I think you will be able to get the solution or some type of the answer on the internet and I think you have to search for it, I also think that the service is been available on some of the regions and also you have to check for that.

I have also come to hear that it is not really compatible VoIP Phone with Windows 7 at this time, but there are a lot of speculations that will be offered in the future. Today, the only way to connect to any VOIP services (e.g. Skype) is to use software that is available Voxofon on the market. Voxofon not provide a solution for VOIP end to end. So I think the information might help you and also you will be to gain some of thoughts to get some other phone which is supported and also works well with the VOIP / SIP client. Hope this information was sufficient and also helpful to you.

Unfortunately, this gives me hope that soon turned to create this type of application, Windows Phone 7 also lack a lot of good applications that you can easily find for the iPhone or Android.

I looked at Mango and see that there is nothing which suggests that a SIP client is integrated as part of that update. Not certain what importance it has for my problem. Differently, Skype is proprietary system that has nothing to do with my search for a SIP client for the phone that operates natively on the phone. Moreover, it looks like Windows will allow direct sync my phone with my desktop without forcing them to all my contacts and calendar with your cloud that have serious privacy concerns because of my profession. However, I am coming to the conclusion that it is a nice phone system for teenagers (if you can leave your iPhone), but nothing for the average user of the small business.

The announcements this week at the MIX11 convention was exciting. Mango Demoded and told us that Skype phone is coming to Windows 7 later this year.

I'm with you on the SIP functionality, striking poor for a mobile operating system that think otherwise as complicated as that of competitors (iPhone, Symbian, etc ...) On the side of the timing of things however, I initially thought that you, who I would have to use the Windows Live cloud to sync my calendar, contacts, etc Yak. But then he realized that my business pressure for a count of ActiveSync (which eventually won after a lot of praise) I had the opportunity to connect directly to my company's Exchange server and sync all the business contacts / calendar, email / straight to my phone. This has been a great relief and a working solution since. Perceptibly this only works if your company has a feature such as an external URL to access the Exchange server. I thinking it was worth sharing, as I was very dissatisfied as they are to start.

It bothers me how you propose in response to the question posted here. I see more people (even some MS employees) offer their own answers, as-the answer. Often, the information did not make sense. Is there some kind of reward system that does not? It is the devaluation of the quality of the information in the MS forums, so who came up with this: Enough.

I cannot begin to express how disappointed I've been with my new phone with Windows 7. The phone itself is a C900B LG and I like the design of the phone, which is the operating system limits are murder me. I sync my calendar and contacts to my Outlook. I required using VoIP, such as X-Ten or somewhat related with my Asterisk. I want to be able to VNC to remote clients and SSH on remote servers, and so far nothing I have seen has impressed me. MSN Messenger disconnects constantly, unlike my BlackBerry to be online all the time, and synchronize my calendar and contacts from Outlook. I thought the change to a "Windows" phone would be the way to go from my PC with Windows can do everything I want. Evil unless you start to see some changes in the operating system very soon, I'll be looking for an Android phone on sale soon and this phone immediately after Windows 7. Oh, and I warn everyone to talk about the shortcomings of Windows 7 phone.

I think you might have got the perfect idea of the reason of not getting the VoIP call on the phone, as all the above users have told you the perfect and also the best method and the reason to do it.

Technically, the OS has the ability to always handle Windows Mobile after. The only difference is that Microsoft is easing WM7 applications and may try to block SIP applications for service providers. Apple and Google are in a much more dominant and can twist the arms of the service providers. It is very likely going to be built in support in SIP phones windows always in the future, at this time that Microsoft have obtain Skype.