Thread: macbook pro drains battery quickly after updating mac OS X Lion

macbook pro drains battery quickly after updating mac OS X Lion

Hi, I am using macbook pro and in that I have recently installed mac OS X LION, but after installing that I have started getting various problems with the machine, and most significant is regarding the battery, as I am not getting whether there is some problem with the battery or with the OS I have installed in the machine. but really want to know about that.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: macbook pro drains battery quickly after updating mac OS X Lion

there could be so many problems with the machine as you can’t say directly that this is some problem with the newer operating system. Thus according to me you should try to make sure whether the entire thing are working and thus you have to test them all.

In other words you should try to make sure whether the battery and the charger that you are using for your laptop is working perfectly, or not because see they are the most significant belongings that you must have to care about.

I am agree with the above user as there could be so many reason, thus according to me you should first of all try to make sure whether your accessories are working perfectly or not, and for that you can simply try to make use of another battery and a charger, so if suppose after using another charger as well if you are getting same performance, but if suppose you are not getting any difference with another charger then this time try utilize battery and see what happens, if your machine is giving same performance then sure there Is some problem with the charger or else with the battery and that possibly you can replace if the machine you have is in the warranty period.

I don’t know what could be the problem but apart from the one mentioned by the above user but still while It comes to battery factor the main important thing is the brightness of the screen, that also causes too much battery consumption. Thus it would be better if you disable the auto featuring brightness rather set a constant value, this will reduce battery draining.

Well, there are certain utility such as Bluetooth, WIFI and many more thing that consumes battery too much while we use it continuously.

Thus if suppose you are making use of any such thing for more time and after that if you are saying that you battery doesn’t remain in the machine then let me tell you as you machine is completely perfect rather nothing happened to that yet.

If you are going to store your MacBook Pro for an extensive episode of time, keep it in a calm location for an example preferably, 22° C or about 71° F and do one of the following to preserve your MacBook Pro battery life.

free the battery 50 percent previous to storing your MacBook Pro.

while storing your computer for longer than five months, free the battery to about 50 percent and then eliminate it from the MacBook Pro. If you are store up your computer for an comprehensive period, revitalize your battery to 50 percent every six months or so.

I think there could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed thus I would say you should try to reinstall the same operating system again but from different source.

according to me you should try to visit the following mentioned LINK as I have mentioned below.

I would like to suggest you that you that you should try to follow some guide lines that will surely help you to reduce the battery consumption of your machine and for that you have to visit the apple’s official website.

would say do not put your MacBook Pro on a cushion or other soft material when it's powered on, as the substance can chunk the airflow vents in particular, the rear vents and causes the computer to overheat.

Never put anything over your keyboard while working in closed-lid mode. This can cause your computer to cycle on and off, which might form extreme heat and exhaust your battery.

Never turn on your computer if not all of its internal and external parts are in place. Working the computer while it's open or missing parts can be hazardous and can injure your computer and off course.

apart from the entire mentioned one, there is another issue as well that I have found with the machine as while we put the machine in sleep mode, then also it cause battery draining very quicker.

And for this better option would be to turn of the machine when not in used rather than keeping it in the sleep mode, and as far as newer operating system is concern there isn’t any such problem with that. because I am also using it with my machine and it works perfectly without any hesitation.

I think according to me you should try to visit the service center for sure, because the thing is like though LION OS has so many glitches but still it seems as you must be having some serious problem with the machine, and there is some hardware fault for sure. And really if there is so according to me the best option would be to get a replacement for the hardware you have.

As far as warranty is concern I would say you must have to have warranty period, because if you have already exceeded the period then you’ll not be able to get any such replacement rather you must have to give them cost the servicing.