Thread: Will Windows phone 7 do the sync with Outlook 2010 via WMDC?

Will Windows phone 7 do the sync with Outlook 2010 via WMDC?

Hello friends, I am using the windows phone 7 and I want to know something, but what I know is that It is recognized that Windows Mobile 6.1 cannot be synchronized with the 64-bit Outlook 2010 through the USB mode WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) in the Windows 7 64-bit computer. A solution is to install 32-bit Outlook 2010 on to the computer. The question which I have is that if I buy a phone Windows 7, will I be able to sync with Outlook 2010 64-bit through WMDC? Until now I could not find that information. Zune not have that functionality? So please provide some solution on this and also if possible then give me some method to do it. Thank you.

Re: Will Windows phone 7 do the sync with Outlook 2010 via WMDC?

I think you will be able to find the answer on the site of the Microsoft as the phone and the related thing is been related to the Microsoft itself, so you should search over there and get it done.

Windows phone 7 is synchronized with the computer via the Zune, not with the WMDC. There are both 32 bits and 64 bits for Zune. If you are using a Hotmail, Gmail account or any another account that is compatible with Exchange contact, email and calendar information would remain synchronized over the Internet. Well for office documents that you would be able to synchronize your documents through SharePoint (if they are synchronized with the documents at work) or Office Live (http://office.live.com). This could occur through phone Internet connection either Wi-Fi or through your company. You specified are not using Exchange. You would be able to maintain contact and other information from backup using the My Phone service and add a POP3 account to the phone to get e-mail. Update music, video, and firmware can be delivered throughout Zune.

I think you will be able to solve the problem and also you will be able to do the synchronization of the all things which you want to do it and also you will be able to do it, so try the method which the above user have told you to do.

To synchronize your phone contacts to Windows phone 7, will have to move the contacts (and appointments if you want to sync stuff) to one of the cloud services that are supported in WP7. Like you, I've always synchronized data directly from Outlook on your computer, so I researched and moved my contacts to Windows lived. Doing so allows me to use three different options:
    • Outlook Connector: Download and install the Outlook Connector for Outlook. Then when you make changes to Outlook on the local computer, data is automatically synchronized with your Windows Live account. And the data will be there to sync with your Windows Phone.
    • Export / Import: Want to continue synchronizing the local computer, you can export the date related to Outlook CSV file and then import this data into your Windows Live. Once in Windows Live, do not use the PC version of Outlook to manage this data, but instead of using Windows Live account to do this.
    • Hotmail / ActiveSync: You can set up Hotmail / ActiveSync is described here in their current phone Windows Mobile 6.x and synchronize data with your Windows Live. If you continue to use a phone WM6.x even after you have a mobile phone Windows 7, you can follow through the synchronization of Hotmail / active solution.

I do not need to say but you might got the perfect and also correct method from the above users, so I would also suggest to do follow the above user method and get it done for you.