Thread: Facing error code 801812C1 while updating windows phone 7

Facing error code 801812C1 while updating windows phone 7

I have zune software running in my windows phone 7.i am having problems regarding updating. I am not able to sync to windows phone 7. As I know the function between Zune and the phone are fine. I don’t think that Zune or ZuneWireless device driver is required. When I try to isnatll the driver for windows phone, installation fails. The phone disconnects automatically before the Zune or Zune Wireless driver completely installs. I get a driver installation failure after 5 to 10 minutes. I get it with device unplugged message. So I want to know the following,
    • Is there a way to update this wait timeout of the phone during driver installation to be indefinite or at least much longer?
    • Is there a way to manually install these drivers so they are ready to use upon the phone's connection?
    Any suggestions regarding this would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Re: Facing error code 801812C1 while updating windows phone 7

I have gone through your query and I hope that it gets resolved soon. I would like to ask you that have you tried installing the drivers for connect to PC mode manually?

Well the error message that you have mentioned in the query indicates that the issue is related with the driver and needs to be installed when a device is in connect to PC mode. Make sure that the device manger is showing different model number under portable devices when it is in connect to PC mode. See that if there is difference in device manager portable devices on your pc and when your phone is in connect to PC mode and normal mode. Also make sure you do have internet connection on your PC and can access Windows Update website. I would suggest you to Power your device with holding camera button to get into the "Connect to PC" mode then start the device manager and connect your phone using USB cable. You will see that device is visible and driver should get installed automatically. I hope this helps.

I am facing the same problem. I have the following,
    • Samsung
    • SGH-i917 (Focus)
    • AT&T
    • Phone Operating System version: 7.0.7004.0
    • Zune software version: the latest one, installed it today (again)
    • I'm running Windows Vista
    I have almost tried everything that I could. I am still not able to update my phone. I am planning to send my phone to Microsoft now. I don’t have Mac to try the update on. I am not going to use this phone now.

I am facing the same problem. I tried to update on another computer. And after that I got a timeout error. Then I used the mobile phone support tool. This tool recovered the phone and pre-updated it. After using this tool I was able to update.

I would say that try to use windows support told and it will lead you to update. I have mentioned below the steps so just try to follow and you might be able to update without issue.

• first, unplug the USB cable from the phone.
    • then, download the Windows Phone Support Tool from the Microsoft Download Center. If you have a 32-bit system, download the WPSupportToolv2-x86.msi package. If you have a 64-bit system, download the WPSupportToolv2-amd64.msi package.
    • try to complete the steps to install the Windows Phone Support Tool.
    • You are done then click Start, point to All Programs and then from the list of programs, click Windows Phone Support Tool.
    • Restart your phone until you see Slide down to power off, and then flick down. After it’s off, press to turn on your phone again.
    • then try to press and hold the Camera button until the connect-to-PC screen appears.
    • Reconnect your phone by using the USB cable.
    •Your phone will be detected by your computer and the Zune software may automatically start.
    • In the Windows Phone Support Tool, click the Recover button.
    • The Windows Phone Support Tool will install an update that fixes the problem and restarts your phone. If your phone is locked, enter your password when prompted.
    • When you see "The device has been updated" text, located at the bottom of the screen, close the Windows Phone Support Tool and disconnect your phone.
    Reconnect your phone to the computer to install the latest phone update by using the Zune software. To update your phone on the Zune software, click Settings>>phone>> Update.

Well I had the same problem with same error message and I searched a lot for the solution and then finally someone told me that the problem was because of the computer’s antivirus program. So I disabled the antivirus application. I was having Norton antivirus program. But nothing happened. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please help me?

I would say that try out windows 7.5 update. I am sure that this update will resolve the problem that you are facing. I think you should more on this on the google. I think this will surely help you out. You can also check on the Microsoft website for more help.