Thread: How to access your POP/IMAP email in Windows Phone 7 - AT&T

How to access your POP/IMAP email in Windows Phone 7 - AT&T

Hi. Recently I am trying to set the Outlook email with my Network Solutions POP email account in my Windows Phone 7 - AT&T Samsung, I get an error” "Your Windows Phone doesn't support this server version”. When I check about this error in brief I got that the error is all about the server version. I don’t know what is the actual problems regarding the connection with the Outlook email with my Network Solutions so if you guys have any information then please provide your help.

Re: How to access your POP/IMAP email in Windows Phone 7 - AT&T

This kind of error is mostly occurs when the mail server's domain and certificate fail to match your personal domain, maybe there is some certificate mismatch, so if that problems is there then the solution for that is you have to turn off your security check.

Although I don’t have much more information about this error but I have found the two to access your POP/IMAP email. So the First possibility is that you have to create an email account which directly connecting to the POP/IMAP email server. And the Second possibility is that you have to setup the windows live account in order to pick-up email from your POP mailbox and redirect it to the Hotmail mailbox.

You should try to sync your new Windows Phone 7 so that you can Exchange 2003 R2. And try to set up the pop 3 email account without any problem, by switching in the settings>system> other account> you have to need to know about the pop3 server and the smtp server. Or you can setup the IMAP and make the use of "OTHER ACCOUNT" or "ADVANCED SETUP" to configure it!

You can try to access the server by making the use of the Outlook Web Access within the Internet Explorer, and see whether it works properly or not. Although you can also make the use your local access. And you have to make the special setup for your Exchange 2003 to allow Windows Phone 7 to check for all the boxes under the Mobile Services Properties. Or there are some problems in your firewall. So that it always tries to certify the page and because of that reason for that it can’t access those pages.

Even I was also facing the same problems but finally I got the solution for this issue. So for that you have to contact the server with the help of your local setting and don’t use the SSL. And after it works, you have to change the server setting and the requirement for the SSL. S for this you has the basic knowledge for the local login. Although the solution is somewhat difficult, but it’s work for your issue.

Some time such problems occurred if you have forget to install the Startcom-issued SSL. So you have to check for this and if such thing found of not having the installation for the Startcom, you have to first do the installation.

You might don’t have something from the list; you have to check whether you have the exchange SBS2003 R2, or you have the SSL certificate from Startcom. Or this can happened if you have done the renewal for the SSL and you have switched to 256bit instead of 128bit in previous update. And I want to inform you that there is no way that the Phone7 connects with a SBS2003 R2 over EAS with a 256bit ssl. If such thing happened then you have to find some new certificate from the SSL. So for that you have to configure the phone so that to make it trust with the Startcom root cert. so for that you have to download the trusted root from Startcom, and then you have to email it to your phone, then install it by clicking on the phone.

You have to confirm whether your Windows Phone 7 is only able to access the OWA directory. And also you have to verify for the cert, whether this also issued for the FQDN in order that it access the Server, or maybe you are using the wildcard cert. so first verify this and after that you will able to do the connection for the server.

Whenever the mail server's domain and certificate fail to match with each other this kind of problems occurs, so for that if such thing happened then you have to remove your old certificate and have to create the new one manually or you can use the Alternate method to access your POP/IMAP email in Windows Phone 7 for that you can setup the Windows Live Account for the purpose of picking up the email from the POP mailbox and this is to be redirected to the Hotmail mailbox.