Thread: Best alternative for HP Touchpad

Best alternative for HP Touchpad

I have really missed the HP Touchpads fire sale for the first time and I am really disappointed by that. It’s extremely doubtful there will be no further coming on the way to the UK. For that reason I’ve started searching at alternatives. Preferably I am looking in support of a Tab below $320 and below what I have found so far:
    • Advent Vega
    • HANNSpad
    • Archos G9 80

What do you suggest me on this?

Re: Best alternative for HP Touchpad

WebOS is the operating system that HP has done just in time through the absorption of Palm, the handheld industry leader in 90 years, and it is a Linux-based platform, and then open-source software. The fact that sales were well below expectations and then it seems that HP wanted to abandon ship before it went to peak, but the rumors of the last hours would seem to give credence to a last desperate attempt of the American home. In reality it is more than just rumor.
    In fact, apart from that there is already talk of the release of Gingerbread TouchPad already this week, it seems, unless it proves to be well fitted with a fake art, a prototype is finished with Android installed involuntarily for sale

I think that the Archos G9 80 or Archos 70 is the best alternative for this. From forth the key data is the Archos 70 similar to Creative Labs Ziio, it has the same processor, same resolution and also 8 GB of storage. The price is € 163.90 with the cheapest dealer almost identical, however, the Archos tablet after all wireless-n on board.

One of the most renowned among the alternatives Samsung Galaxy Tab in the wireless version. The tablet with the seven-inch touchscreen is its featured at the IFA 2010 sister model to the lack of UMTS modem and costs with 16 GB of internal storage with the best online stores 239 €. The tablet is smaller than the HP's touchpad, but also mature and proven. The operating system is still Android 2.2, an update on Ginger Bread will come soon though. Again, this is much cheaper to another seven-inch tablet Ziio of Creative Labs, which is already available for 165 €. It houses a 1GHz processor with a computing core

I have the Archos 70 and find the perfect size, durable and easily with one hand only 350g hard Sure, it's no longer up to date with android 2.2, but for surfing on the sofa it thick enough ... That's why I'll wait until HP gets hopefully a 7 inch on the market brings. And while I have the Archos tablet with an easy and inexpensive transition

I have now decided for an Asus Transformer, so I'm changing to the Google Android camp. I am excited by the device. And unfortunately I do after the first reviews for the HP touchpad now say it was a good decision. So that my successor of the Palm Mobile Pre future will certainly be an android. To my move has been instrumental in the politics of HP, not even the pre continuing to provide security updates and otherwise no concessions to make the early adopters. I'll miss the brilliant but WebOS intuitive operation, as Android is not with Apple anyway.

An alternative would now order ebay, as many of its touch pad offer immediately to resell to earn a few extra euros. The 16 GB version TouchPad is traded on eBay for 200 euros and the 32GB version for the 250 to 300 euros. So about 100% more than the asking price. There are quite a few drawbacks that you should not neglect in the tablet.

Apple, of course, on the other hand scores points with its smartphone experience on the market. The operating system is engineered for the iPhone and iPad of the first generation of course. Altogether it makes a much smoother appearance. Where HP still has problems with the performance and even a little more time, for example, when zooming in availing the iPad is already reached at the next step.
    Comparing the battery life goes again to the point of the iPad. During the TouchPad is already six to seven hours again supplied with energy needs, keeps the device from Apple whopping 10 hours - despite the leaner, slimmer body.