Thread: Slow response from Dell Vostro 1000 while accessing any program.

Slow response from Dell Vostro 1000 while accessing any program.

I am having the Dell Vostro 1000 which has Windows XP installed in that. My problem is that whenever I access any of the programs then I found that the response from the system is quite slow. This is also same as when I connect anything from USB. Can you guess that what is the problem with that and how that can be solved? I have tried all the things from my side but that was none of use. Please help me with that. Thank you!!!

Re: Slow response from Dell Vostro 1000 while accessing any program.

There might be some other programs running on your computer and for that reason you are facing the issues like this. Just open the task manager and see for any such possibility. If you found any process running unnecessarily then you can simply end that process. I hope this will be helpful to you.

If this is only for some specific programs then there might be issue with the program that you are running. If this is same all the programs then there is possibility that your computer is infected with the virus. Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? Just scan the computer with that but make sure that the antivirus is updated to the latest virus definition.

There might be many reasons for this problems and some of them that I [found, listing here. Please check for any possibility:
    • Your memory is short is that you have no unnecessary programs running at startup like the messenger, skype and many more which run at startup.
    • Check with an antivirus if you have virus or something
    • Put it in classic style.
    • Try to enter error mode is starting down when you press f8 bios and see how it goes.
    • May be your video card has little memory and is adapted to a very high resolution.

Have you checked that your fan is working? It takes at least check-air (warm or hot) well out of your pc and hear the sound of your fan. Sometimes there is a BIOS on the way to control the temperature of the processors (CPU and / or video card) but there are also some programs that do. If that's it, you should avoid wasting your time checking software, viruses and other. If not then you must take some time to check for these things.

Make sure that you have all the drivers updated and if not then my suggestion to you is to update the drivers first.

You have enough space on your system disk? You recently defragmented disk? You've passed the virus on purpose or have you relied on that I do not detect anything? You spywear anti, anti malware and registry cleaner.