Thread: Facing error message while launching blackberry desktop software 6.1.0.35

Facing error message while launching blackberry desktop software 6.1.0.35

I have a notebook at home with windows 7 operating system (32-bit) and I have installed blackberry desktop manager version 6.1.0.35. I have installed everything properly. When I try to launch the desktop software, I get an error message like "BlackBerry Desktop Software has stopped working” I don’t know what this is? Why this is happening? Has anybody else faced similar issues? Any suggestion regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Please tell me how to fix this error.

Re: Facing error message while launching blackberry desktop software 6.1.0.35

I would suggest you to try to clean uninstall of the desktop manager with the removal of folders and registry entries. Then try to reboot the pc and the blackberry. Try to run regsvr32 atl.dll and then reinstall it. I hope that this will resolve the issue. If it doesn’t resolve the issue then I would say that please let me know so that I can provide you with some other effective solution to resolve this error.

I would like say that I had faced this issue with my previous computer which I fixed by changing the permission and ownership of two registry keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion". But this time round, I found that:
    • There is no "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion"
    • I can't find a "Desktop.log" in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop" but I did find it in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Logs"

I think there is some problem with the blackberry device, so I would suggest you to take the device to the blackberry store and get it alright. Tell the expert about the problem and let him guide you. I am sure that they will resolve the error.

I think you should try downloading the lower version or higher version of blackberry desktop manager. Try it out and see what happens. Do tell me what happens. If this doesn’t happen then I think you should once try to install the operating system again. I have faced this issue myself. I downgraded the desktop manager version to 6 and everything became fine. I never got that error message again. If nothing helps then try to check the notebook. I think you might need to install the operating system again in the system to just see whether that works or no.

I was facing the same problem with me. I was so annoyed that I planned to change the operating system. I got installed windows xp and let me tell you that my problem got resolved after that. So I would say that even you can try out this.