Thread: Getting error "Music services failed to load" using desktop manager 6 in T-Mobile Curve 8520

Getting error "Music services failed to load" using desktop manager 6 in T-Mobile Curve 8520

I have recently purchased a T-Mobile Curve 8520. I was having Desktop Mgr 5.0.1 and Office 2007 (with Outlook). But yesterday I uninstalled the desktop manager 5 and Desktop Mgr 5.0.1 and Office 2007 (with Outlook). After that I installed Office 2010 (with Outlook). Finally after this I got new Desktop Manager 6.0.0 installed. Everything was working fine. When I tried the music page in the desktop manager 6 I got an error message like "Music services failed to load" I don’t know what this is. Does anybody know about this error? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Getting error "Music services failed to load" using desktop manager 6 in T-Mobile Curve 8520

I would say that first make sure that the media card is enabled and is acting as a mass storage device. You can also try to reboot the system once, try to shutdown and restart the curve 8520. Make sure that you close windows media player.

Re: Getting error "Music services failed to load" using desktop manager 6 in T-Mobile Curve 8520

I would say that remove everything from the wmp and I am sure this trick will work. If you want to use external storage, you can do so by mapping the storage to a drive letter and then adding the files in the mapped location to WMP.

I must say that I am facing the same problem. I suspect that this is due to network coverage. I use mac and I use parallels. I don’t know what exactly it is. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

i think you should install the operating system back again in the phone. there could be some problems with the file. i am sure that after reinstalling the operating system, your problem will get resolved.

Well make sure that your computer is discoverable, also see that file sharing is enabled, media streaming is enabled and encryption is set to the lowest settings,
    • After starting the desktop software make sure that media sync on the desktop software is turned off.
    • Connect your phone to your computer.
    • Select Applications and uninstall wifi media sync on your blackberry. Your phone will restart.
    • Reinstall wifi media sync to your phone.
    • Turn wifi media sync on on the desktop software keep your phone connected during this process to completion.
    • Select yes if prompted to run program as Administrator.
    • Upon completion disconnect your phone and watch the magic happen!
    I hope this helps.

I would say that keep the desktop close. Navigate to the 'Blackberry\system\' using blackberry user tools. Then try to move or delete the folders 'Media Sync' and 'media' from the system directory. After this, try re-opening the desktop manager and click yes to any dialog that appears. Now you will be able to sync music again.