Thread: Blackberry Curve 3G 9300: how to downgrade to OS 5.0.

Blackberry Curve 3G 9300: how to downgrade to OS 5.0.

Hey hi all, I am having Blackberry Curve 3G 9300, and recently I have upgraded it from OS 5.0 to OS 6.0. but after that I can see that there are some problems. So for that reason I want to downgrade it to the OS 5.0. here I want to know some of the steps for doing this thing. Can anyone give me the proper steps for doing this thing. After the upgrade I can see that my trackpad is not working while I am trying to select something in the main menu for that reason I want to downgrade it. So, if here anyone is having the proper reasons for that then please reply me back with the proper steps.

Re: Blackberry Curve 3G 9300: how to downgrade to OS 5.0.

Hey friend, I am having the some steps for the downgrade to OS 5.0. try with that. The steps are as:-
    1. First you will need to go to the Control Panel> Uninstall> Programs and then uninstall all program that does not read "BlackBerry device software. And here I will suggest you to make sure that there is desktop management software.
    2. And before opening the Desktop Manager, download the OS 5.0.
    3. And after the downloading is finished at that time go to C: / Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / Application Loader and delete the file Vedor.
    4. And after that if you noticed that application does not detect automatically or ask you for updating software then at that time Start Desktop Manager and click the application loader> then update the software. And this will list the versions of the update for your PC and then choose the OS 5.0. after that you will easily can downgrade to OS 5.0.
    5. When progress on options or options only give you a list of all applications and BLACKBERRY applications are available or installed on the device and select what you need, or unchecked it is not necessary.
    6. The last step, click Next and tell you what to remove / update with which to know what operating system version is being prepared for installation on the device

I tried with the steps above and while doing this I found that my desktop software not showing me a downgrade version of 0s 5, this is only showing OS 6's different pack. So now what can I do?

I have wiped my device and displays a blank screen with 507 errors. I'm trying to connect my BLACKBERRY with DM, but not connected. What I can do? For that I deleted the files from vendors and DM before loading. by the way the model of my device is a bold 9000. White screen with 507 errors.

Here I would like to say that Did you use to clean the device. If so, then you're in the right direction. Have you tried with the following :
    • BlackBerry OS 5.0 uninstall the team, going into Add / Remove Programs
    • re-download the OS 4.6 for your company, if you can find and install. Or try to Downloads OS directly use the application loader and then go to C:> Program Files> Common Files Research> In Motion> apploader> apploader.exe

I have used this method to downgrade from 6.0 to 5.0. Luis mentioned this in the first place. The important thing is to get rid of the latest operating system first

Here for your case, I am having the easy steps for downgrading the OS in your BlackBerry phones. Try with them and hope that they will help you. The steps are as:-
    • Uninstall / Install the BlackBerry OS
    • Download / Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (4.6 preferred by most)
    • Backup data/3rd party applications and then wipe the device
    • Download the Blackberry operating system
    • Restoring the backup data is necessary.

Hey friends, thanks a lot for the suggesting me the steps for downgrading the BlackBerry OS. I tired with the all the steps which you all have suggested to me and they really worked great. I can now downgrade the OS to the previous version and the problem is now resolved. And thanks for the suggestion. If I get any further problem then I would like to report over here only.