Thread: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Update on Google Nexus One

Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Update on Google Nexus One

Hello friends, I want to ask that the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Update is been available for the Google Nexus One user or not, I really want to update the phone to the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, so please tell me that the update for the Google Nexus One is there or not, or if is there then where I can get the update and also how to update the phone. So please suggest the method to do it and also which is the best way to do also. Thank you.

Re: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Update on Google Nexus One

You will be receiving the Android 2.3.6 update for the Google Nexus One phone over the air, so you have to check over there and you will be able to get the update and also you can update the phone.

If you are not getting the update on the OTA then you can try the following method and you will be able to do it:
    1. Download the Android update 2.3.6 (GRK39F).
    2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, simply rename it to "update" (without quotes of course) because it is a compressed file.
    3. Copy the file on your microSD card update.zip.
    4. With the Nexus One, hold down the scroll wheel and press the power button.
    5. You can start on a white screen with three Android robots on skates. Select "Bootloader".
    6. On the next screen, select "recovery."
    7. The phone will reboot, which gives an image of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It may take a couple of attempts.
    9. Now (with the scroll wheel on this occasion) choose "apply sdcard: update.zip" and let things take their course.
    10. Reboot the phone and enjoy it.

You will be to get the update on the phone by the OTA or you will be able to do the update as per the above user method, so I would suggest you to get it and enjoy the update on your phone.

The update is been available on the OTA, you just have to check on the OTA and as you have checked then you will be able to get the update on the phone, if the OTA is not able to detect the update for your phone then you try to update it manually, for the manually the above user has given the perfect method and also the phone will update to the latest and also the best OS. Hope you will update and get it done for your phone.