Thread: Getting error message "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" in blackberry 9000

Getting error message "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" in blackberry 9000

I have recently purchased blackberry 9000 mobile phone for myself. It is working absolutely fine. Yesterday I was trying to load an application to my phone but I couldn’t. I am getting an error message like "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded". I am new to blackberry development and got to port an existing J2ME project on BB 9000. I use blackberry desktop software 5 and blackberry device software 4.6 to load applications. I don’t know what to do. Can anyone help me out regarding this error? How to setup right environment to load an application on a given BB handset? Also how to manage this process on a single machine if I have 4-5 different BB handsets?
    Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Getting error message "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" in blackberry 9000

I think there is some problem in the operation system or in the desktop manager software. I would say that you need to try installing the operating system again to get rid of the bug. I am sure that there is some bug. After installing the operating system I think that the error problem will get off.

Re: Getting error message "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" in blackberry 9000

Firstly make sure that the application that you are trying to install is compatible with the blackberry. If even after that you are getting error message then you can try to format the blackberry phone once but this you should at the end when you are not having any option. Make sure that blackberry device software 4.6 is working fine. You can try to downgrade or upgrade this. What applications have you tried? It would be nice if you mention the applications here. It would make me more understandable and I would be able to guide you more properly.

You know what; the main problem is with your generated ALX file. I think that your ALX file must be having <fileset Java="1.49" _blackberryVersion="[5.0.0)"> TAG and then remove the _blackberryVersion attribute. I am sure that this will help. If it doesn’t help you then you post back again. So now your final ALX file contains this,
    <loader version="1.0">
    <application id="App">
    <name >
    App1
    </name>
    <description >

</description>
    <version >
    </version>
    <vendor >
    Vim
    </vendor>
    <copyright >
    Copyright (c) 2010
    </copyright>
    <fileset Java="1.49">
    <directory >
    </directory>
    <files >
    App.cod

</files>

</fileset>

</application>

</loader>

I think you can try to change something here. As you have mentioned that you have desktop manager software 5, so I would say that then try to change instead of
    <directory >
    </directory>
    replace as
    <directory >

</directory>

i hope this works.

I also have blackberry 9000 and I am facing the similar kind of problem. I have an Eclipse development environment. When I was running my application on the debug server, I got an error message. Because of the error message the .cod .jar and .jad files were not created. Then I tried running the application on the simulator and let me tell you that I could successfully load my application after that.

I think there are many problems in blackberry phones but again it is brand and somewhat the best phones of today's. I have a blackberry torch with me. Also I have installed desktop manager version 6 which is updated. Same like you whenever I am trying to install application on my blackberry phone via desktop manager, I get an error message like “there was an error importing files” and in the box I see this written,
    No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible with your device or have errors.

I think the application that you’re trying to load is not compatible with your phone. There are many applications that are there which are not compatible with few devices. So there isn’t a big issue. Try to use the substitute of the application. I would suggest you to search on the google regarding this issue.