Thread: Blackberry password not working with USB password while connecting to computer

Blackberry password not working with USB password while connecting to computer

I am using BlackBerry 8830 and i have installed the BB Desktop Manager but now when i am trying to connect my phone to the computer using the usb cable then i am getting a message to enter the password and now when i am entering my phone password it is not accepting it and when i disconnect the phone and enter the same password then unlocks the phone and it is working fine.As far as i know we have to enter the same phone password after connecting it to the computer.Is there any one who have an idea about this and can help me out to solve this problem.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Blackberry password not working with USB password while connecting to computer

I have never heard about this kind pf problem but if you are saying you have it then i will suggest you to make sure that you are entering the same password while it is connected to the computer but if you still face the same problem than what you can do is just disable the password on your phone when you are connecting to the Blackberry desktop manger on your computer so you wont face the password problem.Hope that helps

Re: Blackberry password not working with USB password while connecting to computer

I have seen a number of people with the same problem but the cause for this is just a simple thing many people think that they are entering numbers but the are not aware when that by default they are entering letters and in order to enter the number the have to hold the alt button and then enter the number for eg when your password is 12345 then by default it will take "wersd" now hope you got your problem.Just check out the way i told and then see if its working for you or not

I was having the same problem and i was just trying and trying to do the same thing until i saw your solution and now i am just laughing on my stupidity.I had already tried resetting my phone and i also rebooted my computer over ten times thinking that there is some kind of problem i was even thinking of doing a factory reset.Thanks for the solution which have helped me out rather loosing the data by the factory reset.I wish that when we get the prompt we could have got a message with it saying that you are entering words and not numbers,than just saying wrong password and all.

Yes the device password id the same password that you enter in your phone in order to unlock it but its not the 4 digit PIN which is used to unlock the SIM card and it not the Alpha numeric PIN of Blackberry as well so make sure you are not entering those.You just have to map your keys when you enter it from your computer keyboard.I mean when you are pressing alt+k on your phone then in computer that key is ('),so now when you are prompted for the password make sure you are entering the mapped keywords better make a note of the mapped keywords in order to avoid such problem.Hope that was helpful.

The qwerty keyboard of the black berry has numbers in this format 1=w 2=e 3=r 4=s,so when you think you have a 2575 no as your password then your phone reads it in a default way that is letters and not numbers so when you connect your device to the computer and when you are prompted for the password then you have to enter "edze" rather than entering numbers and then you wont face the same problem again hope you got it.Just try it out and let me know if it works.

I have a bit different problem but it is some where of the same kind.My problem is that whenever i am trying to upgrade the software just like the others phone and when it asks me for a device password i just type my BB pin e.g ciara08 but the desktop manager is not accepting it.I have tried 9iara0x.I am not entering the password pressing alt as i already have it in letters please help me out.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.