Thread: Blackberry curve 8330, Unable to delete duplicate contacts

Blackberry curve 8330, Unable to delete duplicate contacts

I am using a blackberry curve 8830 now. I have installed the blackberry desktop software, it is working very fine, but it has one issue with it. Actually I have got five times duplicated contacts but when I try to synchronize it then it always fails. And when I try to delete those duplicated contacts then they won’t get deleted. Do any of you have any idea about how now I can remove those contacts? I can enter new contacts manually but just can’t delete those duplicated contacts. Please help.

Re: Blackberry curve 8330, Unable to delete duplicate contacts

I am also facing the same problem from last month. I tried searching it on Google and everywhere and found that there are many other people also who have same issue but I was not able to find any appropriate solution for this. It seems that blackberry is just not bothering it. It is really annoying to have too many duplicated contacts. Does anyone here have any solution for this? Please reply.

I think the reason behind this issue is actually database of your Address book on the blackberry. Therefore, I think the solution could be wiping out your blackberry device completely. I think it can fix this issue therefore you should give it a try. I hope this is will fix this issue.

As you suggested I tried with wiping off my blackberry device completely, but it does not seems to be working in my case. I am not able to see the address book in my Applications list in Blackberry desktop manager, but I am having around more than thousands of contacts on my blackberry device. Do you know why I am not able to see those contacts in DM? Please, reply.