Thread: How to make video calls using Skype on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

How to make video calls using Skype on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 this week. I feel it is really an awesome phone. I am not getting any trouble using this phone, but I am not able to figure out how to make video calls using Skype. I am able to make calls and not getting any difficulty in that, but I am not able to find any option so that I can make video calls. Is there anyone who knows how to make Video calls using Skype on this Samsung Galaxy Tab 7? Please, reply.

Re: How to make video calls using Skype on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

I am also using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and I am also trying to figure out how to make video calls using Skype, but I am not able to find any option for that. I searched at many places to find out how to make video calls with Skype. It seems like we cannot make video calls using Skype on this phone. Is there anyone who is using Skype video calls on their Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

You cannot make video calls with Skype in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and not in any phone, because as far as I know Skype don’t allow you to make video calls through any mobile device. I have never seen any device which can use video calling service of Skype, and that’s why I think so.

Yes, you can only make voice calls and do texts chat using Skype on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, but you cannot make video calls. Because, any Android Tablet doesn’t supports Skype video calls. But, as an alternative, you can use other applications also which can make your phone to support Video chats.

Yes, I know that Skype video calls are not for Android, but I got to know somewhere that Skype has just launched an update for their iPhone app and after that iPhone users can make Video calls via Skype over Wi-Fi and 3G. So, I think they must be releasing an update very soon for Android Tablets also. Do any of you have heard any news about when they will release an Android version of Skype which will be capable of making video calls?

I also searching for an app to make free video calls for my tablet, then I found an app named “Fring”. I tested it by installing it on two tablets that I have. I gave one table to my brother and he went in other room and then I tried making a video call to him, and I successfully did that. And I tried doing that without sim cards also. They work over Wi-Fi also. I will suggest everyone of you to try this app. It is really very easy to make video calls with this app.

Yes, I tried downloading and then using Fring on my Tablet also. It works fine. I can make video calls via Wi-Fi network also, without any sim card also. Thanks for sharing that app here.

I also found an app called “Tango”. I installed it today and it seems to work very well with my Tablet. I tried to do a video chat with my Sister who has iPhone 3G and stays in a different city. And the picture was too clear and we were able to talk very easily. I tried making a video call over Wi-Fi also and I found it working perfectly with Wi-Fi also. I think you all should also download and try this awesome app.

I recently found an app of Yahoo Messenger, by which we can make video calls. It can be downloaded from Marketplace. I don’t know how to use it. If any of you know how to use it then please reply.

Here I have good news for everyone here who wants to make Skype video calls from their Android Tablets. Now, you don’t have to search for other apps to make video calls, because Skype has now released a new version of their app so that we can use them our Android tablets to make video calls. But before you install this version you should first uninstall the previous version of Skype from your Tablet. I tested by downloading and using it on my Android Tablet and it really works perfectly on my Tablet for making Video calls also along with text and voice chats. I have got a direct link for that. Here is the link- Download Skype. So just follow this link and install it on your tablet to make video calls through Skype on your Android Tablets.

Thanks for sharing that link. I needed it the most. I was searching for this from long time. Now I will download it and try to make video calls with it. I hope it works in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.