Thread: Home screen of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 is not working

Home screen of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 is not working

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. And now I have got a very serious issue with it. Home Screen of my SGT is not working at all. When I press it then instead of taking me to its home screen, it just gives a vibration and then nothing. I am not able to figure out what may be the reason behind this problem. Is there anyone else who has the same problem? Or is there anyone who knows how this can be fixed? Please, reply.

Re: Home screen of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 is not working

Have you tried restarting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7? Try restarting it by pressing power button for 10 seconds and then see if you can get your home screen or not. I think this will work for your phone, because, it normally works for such issues in Samsung Tablets.

I already have tried restarting my SGT many times but I am still getting the same issue with my SGT. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this issue. I really want my home screen to work. So, please give a working solution as soon as you can.

And if that doesn’t works then try doing a factory reset of your SGT. After doing a factory reset, your phone will become as it was before and I think your problem will automatically get fixed. Once I was also stuck with the same issue and I tried doing a factory reset and then I fixed this issue. And as this solution works in most of the cases, therefore I think it should work for you also. So, try this out, at least for once.

As you suggested I think I should now try with doing a factory reset. But I really don’t want to do that, as I will lose all my important stuffs stored on this phone. Therefore, if you can suggest any other simpler way then please suggest me that. I will try that first and then if it will not work then I will try doing a factory reset, but if there is any other solution, then please reply.

You don’t require to do factory reset and all. Here is a working solution for that. Once I was also stuck in the same problem, but I found a work around for that. You can download an app called 'GO Launcher EX' from Market Place and install it on your SGT. When you will run that app then try pressing hope button and if it will work then it will ask you about which button you want to use for home screen. you can choose the default one also, but in my case I chose the GO one because I feel that is better to use that. You can also try that. I hope it works.

Thanks for that solution. I was searching for this solution at many places and since a long time but finally I got a working solution from you. I downloaded that app called 'GO Launcher EX' from Market Place and installed it also. Now I can get my home screen without any problem.