Thread: Need help in setting up multi monitor in Macbook Pro

Need help in setting up multi monitor in Macbook Pro

I have two old LCD monitors that’s been sitting around and thought of using those for my graphic design projects. I also lately buy a small Display Port to VGA and VGA Y-Split Cable M / F adapter intended for my Macbook Pro aluminum. I was hopeful to divide into three dual monitors otherwise screen sandwiched between the two monitors "old" LCD, nevertheless I've been struggling for its formation, and even one of the other monitors do not illustrate / mirror of the other two monitors, after riding out there for a while. I also try Mac OS client Max Vistas to assist, although I have not establish a way to assist .

Any advice on how to help me set up correctly? Please let me at the entrance of any information is helpful since I'm not sure what to do or what other components I needed to do this work puzzles.

Re: Need help in setting up multi monitor in Macbook Pro

Monitors linked to a Macbook Pro 2008, so I'm pretty certain you can do with the accurate settings. There are two differences among my setup and yours:

1. Connected the monitor via DVI, as both of them supported the format. Not certain if that matters, nevertheless if probable I favor to make use of the digital signal.
    2. One of the monitors is connected to the computer via the video port and the other connects to a USB device such as USB 2.0 Adapter. There are several of these devices available from several manufacturers, but some have limitations that can be read.

The first time connects two larger monitors, it did work appropriately which reflected both versions of my MBP screen, although after trying to make separate screens, the right simply does not show anything. And I have the aluminum unibody MBP from summer 2010. I deduction the trouble now for me is to make the work of another monitor, and then I will attempt to divide it.

I do not be acquainted with why it worked then; nevertheless do not know if the splitter is terrible. If you can acquire two monitors working the option to separate what is in the dos screen is in the Displays preference pane. When more than one monitor is linked to a form agreement and it seems that the option is there. You can find this article useful.

Thanks for the input so far. I restarted the computer with the cable disconnected and reconnected the cables. My theory is that the splitter just spit the two LCD monitors to reflect each other instead of showing your own screen. This is what I see on the first screen with the second, with the desired result.