Thread: Not getting any Sound in my headset of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

Not getting any Sound in my headset of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 this week, and I feel it is really a very nice phone, as I expected. But, I am getting an issue with this phone when I try to listen anything from its headset. I tried many times but I am not able to listen any song on this phone through the headset provided by this phone. When I connect headset and play a song then instead of headset, sound comes from the main speaker. I tried many times but I am not getting any sound from my headset and only from the main speaker of this phone. I always listen songs through the headset when I am on the way, but now I am not able to do that. I tried with different-different sound configurations but still having the same issue with the headphones. Do any of you have any idea about how can I fix this issue? Please, reply.

Re: Not getting any Sound in my headset of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

Have you tried connecting your headset to any other phone and checked that sound comes from headset or not? Or even have you tried connecting any other headset to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7? And if you haven’t tried either of this then first try doing that, so that you can know which is causing the problem, headset or your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

I tried connecting other headset to this phone but I was not able to hear anything in that headset also, the sound was still coming from the main speaker only. I think now the problem is with my SGT, because those headsets works fine in other phones. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Have you tried playing music files after you have restarted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 once? I think you should once restart your Samsung Galaxy tab and then check now you can hear audio from your headset or not? I think this should work, I hope so.

I tried restarting my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 many times but the problem is same now also, the sound keeps coming from the phone speakers instead of the headset speakers. Do you have any other solutions that I should try?

I think now you should try resetting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, because the problem can be with your firmware also. I hope it you can hear the audio from your headset after resetting your phone. And if you are still not able to hear any sound from your headset then I think you should take your phone to any nearby Samsung mobile service center, because your phone is still under the warranty period they will either replace your device or they will fix it, for free of charge. I hope this helps you.

Resetting my phone seems to be little risky, as I may lose all my important data in this phone, I will try going to service center also, but it will be nice if I can get to solve this problem by myself only. If you know any solution then suggest me that.

Before you got for resetting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 or even going to any Samsung mobile service center, I think you should try inserting your headphone with little more pressure, so that it goes in perfectly in. I am also using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and I was also got fooled once, I tried many thing but not getting sound from the speakers of my headphone and only from the main speaker. Then when I went to the Samsung mobile service center, because I thought my headsets are defective, then they just tried inserting the headset with little more pressure, two-three times and then suddenly the sound started coming from the headset speaker. And from that time I had never got any issue with the headset of this phone. I think you should also try this. I hope it works.

Yes, you were right. I tried pushing it with more pressure till it got in till the last millimeter, then the sound stopped coming from the phone’s speaker and when I checked then I found that now I can hear audio from my headset. Thanks for suggesting this. Now I am feeling very nice.