Thread: How can I sort the Apps in App Drawer Alphabetically, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

How can I sort the Apps in App Drawer Alphabetically, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

I recently bought Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and it is really a very awesome phone and really have nice features. But when I went in App Drawer then I saw that all the apps were listed randomly, I mean they were not been sorted in any manner. I think they should be in an alphabetical order, but they are not. So, is it possible to sort them in an Alphabetical order? And if anyone knows how to sort those apps in App drawer in an alphabetical order, then please reply.

Re: How can I sort the Apps in App Drawer Alphabetically, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

Yes, I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and I have seen that none of the apps in App drawer were arranged in alphabetical order. I think this was the crappiest job done by them and else everything in this phone is well organized, just these apps are not. I was also looking for something so that I can rearrange those apps in App drawer in an Alphabetical order. So, if anyone has any idea about that, then please share that with us.

Re: How can I sort the Apps in App Drawer Alphabetically, in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7?

I also want to sort those Apps of my Apps drawer alphabetically in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, but I don’t there is any way that you can do that so. Because, I searched at many places but I didn’t found any option so that we can arrange them alphabetically. So I think you should leave them as they are currently in your phone.

Here is one thing that you can do if you want to sort those Apps of my Apps drawer alphabetically in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. It is bit a lame way to do it manually, one by one, but I know only this method. When you open the menu then you will see an option “edit” and when you click that then you can drag any app to anywhere, and hence one by one, you can arrange those apps as you want. But, while doing this you must do this carefully, because if instead of tapping, holding and dragging the icon, if you will do tap and then release the icon then it will ask you whether you want to delete the app or not and if accidently you pressed yes then it will get removed from your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. Try doing this. I think you will not have any difficulty while doing this.

Yes, you can arrange them manually in that way also, but I think it will take too much and there is of your app getting deleted, accidently. So, here is another thing that you can do. You just have to install an app called “Launcher pro plus”. It can help you to arrange your apps in the App drawer in an appropriate order.

I tried with the both of the ways suggested above and both worked in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. First I tried doing that manually, but it was taking too much time and headache therefore I installed and tried doing that with “Launcher pro plus”. Since I was having some issues because of “Launcher pro plus”, therefore I removed it from the DroidX, but it is still on my phone. I will like to reduce the resource usage by going back to the stock home screen, but I don’t know how to do that if anyone has fix for that then please reply with that. I am not able to understand how just a little oversight can make such annoyance, now I think I will not be able to sort them alphabetically.

If you really want to re-arrange and sort those apps in App drawer of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, alphabetically, then I will suggest you to download an App called “AppZorter”. You can download this app from the Android Market. I am using this app and I feel it is the best app for sorting those apps in the App drawer, and the best thing is that it is freely available. I will suggest everyone here, who wants to alphabetically sort those apps in app drawer, to download that free app called “AppZortar” from Android Market and try using that.

Thanks for sharing that here, I am also using Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and I was also looking for something so that I can sort all those apps in app drawer alphabetically, but I was not able to find any solution for that, and then I saw this thread and your solution here and then I downloaded AppZortar from Android Market. And now I have successfully rearranged all those apps in the App drawer alphabetically. It is really a very useful application for this.

It's true that you can manually sort your apps by clicking "Edit", manually re-arranging the icons, either alphabetically or by subject and then click "Save". Your icons will be perfectly arranged until you power off your Galaxy Tab 7.0 and when you power on your Tablet, they will be a mixed up mess of some apps retaining their new home and others all jumbled. Grrrrrrr

Here is the work around for you I don’t know whether it will work for you or not.
    You have to switch to custom launcher when you are supposed to reboot the device. Once you have rebooted you can switch back to AppZortar.
    If still there is no difference then you should directly contact Samsung customer care.