Thread: Which processor does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 using?

Which processor does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 using?

Hello friends, I want to ask the processor which I is bee used in the tablet, as I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 but I want to know about the processor of it and also I want to know that it can play the 1080p playback, 3GP, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV file on the tablet. Whereas the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not able to play all those file. So can you give me the answer to the question which I am having it and also which will be better for me to buy and also able to play the file on it. Thank you for the suggestion which you will be giving it to me.

Re: Which processor does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 using?

Well the old tablet 8.9 was having a tegra2 processor in it. So I think it be the same it the new tablet of the 8.9, I have used the older one and it was not able to play the files which you have mention.

The new due out next year has a 1.4 GHz processor Open Multimedia Application Platform (OMAP) 4. Interestingly, the list of formats of the 10.1 is just as long. When writing a format compatible, do not take for granted. And even if we admit, often has a format of multiple sub-formats. Please also differentiate the container video format, as a file with a particular suffix usually involves audio and video together, sometimes adding subtitles or chapters and the video codec, the format of the video stream or audio itself is embedded in the file. I hope you got the answer which you are founding and also which you are thinking about.

I would say that all you would require to recognize is that the Tegra 2 has very meager video playback support. So I think it will be not able to play the video in the 8.9, so better not go for it.

Well I have to say that there some of the formats of the video or the file which are been supportive and also be played in the file, for example H264 AVC is generally supported, but when in high resolution (720p or more) only a subset of the encoding, in general, concluded with the "Basic Profile", a name that is compatible. This is a limitation of the chipset tegra2. Others, like the chipset used support a wide variety OMA 4. In addition, this limitation should be set tegra3. It's really a complex issue. I think this might not be helpful as you are thinking to play the file, but I have provided with the little information of the Galaxy Tab 8.9 supporting file.

I will never purchase such things, almost certainly based on the Tegra again, taking into consideration that how poor is Tegra 2. Well Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is also native to the OMAP update so expect slow on the Tegra devices.

Well my friend, I have 2 TB of all remixes of the MKV files with their original frame rates and resolution. Other than the occasional paintings hop have all played well. This includes 1080p Blu-Ray. I can copy files from my TiVo, which end up as MP2 and they all play very well too. I can transmit Playon and Plex and have not had any problems there. I bought a lot of things in MediaHub for the sale of $ 0.01 and they played very well. YouTube works fine, which many complain is surprising given that we are all using the same hardware and software. I just saw the trailer for Twilight Dawn next full screen in HD, and there was not a drop of the frame. So I think it not good to buy as it will not play the video properly on the tab.

I think you should go with me and all the users who have told you to that the processor is bad in playing all the file which you want to have on the tab. Hope you understand and get the best for you and also select that tab which plays all that format files.

You can check on the internet for the specification of the Tab, as over there you will be able to find the processor of the Tab and then you will be able to get the name of the processor which is been used in the Tab. You can search that the processor on the internet and also you will be able to find the file which you want to play or to run on the Tab, so you can get it and also you will be able to get the correct information about the processor.