Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7: How can I off Text To Speech feature?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7: How can I off Text To Speech feature?

I am having some problem with my tablet. And the problem is that when I am using the browser at that time my Tablet just started talking. And it start reading the pages. And also when I am using the Google GPS then it start reading the Google direction so here please suggest me that what can I do to turn the Text To Speech feature off? I have also checked the setting for that but there I can’t find anything.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7: How can I off Text To Speech feature?

Here first tell us that which model you are having and also the OS which you are running in your system. I heard this type of the problem first time, I will suggest you after searching for the proper suggestion for this thing. So first tell me about the model number and about the OS which you are having in your system.

Sure, all details are given as follows:
    • Model #SCH-I905
    • Hardware version: i905.02
    • Android version 3.1

Here in this case, I would like to suggest you about the checking that which application you are using for the Text-To-Speech feature. There are 35 Android applications which are having this feature so here tell me that which one you are having for your use. Or tell me if you are using any other application in your system which have also this feature?

Sorry, I don’t know that which one I have installed in my TAB but I was having the Google translate but I have already deleted this one from the system. After deleting this still the same problem, after searching for the setting I found the setting for the text to speech, I found it under the setting, but there also no option for disabling this. Btu here thanks for suggesting me some of the steps for searching for this.

I think that if you try to check the tab setting then you can find some options to check or uncheck to disable this feature. For that thing I will suggest you to long press on the option may this will brig any additional setting for that. Try with that. Hope that this will work.

Thanks for suggesting me that. I tried the setting over there and found nothing over there. And also I trid with the long hold but this also not offer any additional options.

Then you will need to do the Factory data reset. I am suggesting you for the factory data reset because with the factory data reset you can reset your device to its factory defaults. And this will erase all the data and setting also including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. And then I am sure your problem will be solved. For factory data reset you can follow the steps which are as:
    • From the Home screen> touch Apps> Settings> Privacy>Touch Factory data reset, then follow the prompts to> perform the reset.

Here I am having some of the steps for changing the setting for the Text-to-speech. Try with then and I hope that they will really work in your case. The steps are as:

• Always use my settings: When enabled, settings you make override the application’s default settings
    • Default Engine: Choose a default speech synthesizer engine.
    • Install voice data: Download and install voice data from Android Market (free).
    • Speech rate: Choose the rate at which text is spoken.
    • Language: Choose a voice for spoken text.
    • Pico TTS: Configure the language-specific engine for speech synthesis and after that I will also suggest you for turning the Accessibility off. Ad for that reason you can follow the steps as:
    • Home screen> touch Apps> Settings> Accessibility> turn off.

hope that this all steps will work in your case.

Yeah, I tried with the restore the factory setting and this works for me, thanks dude.

I was also searching for the proper suggestion for turning of the text to speech software and here I got the replies for that. I can see here that one user is saying that he tried with the setting In the above step and got it working. So for that reason I also tried with this reply and I found that this setting are not working in my case. Can you please suggest me the proper steps for the setting because I thik that there will be some mistakes while I am trying to turn of the text to speech software. Please suggest me back for the same.