Thread: Screen brightness of Samsung galaxy tab 7 fades or brightens up

Screen brightness of Samsung galaxy tab 7 fades or brightens up

I have recently purchased my Samsung galaxy tab 7. Actually I am having problem with the tab since the day of purchase. Actually the problem is that, the brightness level of the screen changes spontaneously. I am not sure that whether it is known problem or only I am having this problem. The screen sometimes brightens up or fades. When I am reading a page, this change happens. I have turned off the auto defect brightness but there is no change. Any suggestions regarding this would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Re: Screen brightness of Samsung galaxy tab 7 fades or brightens up

I think that you should be careful. Make sure that you don’t cover the sensor with a finger. This actually darkens or dimmers the screen. Also remember that it won’t respond too slowly also when you will uncover it again. But if you ask me about the sensor then I must say that even I don’t know exactly where the sensor is.

Well as I was going through the forums I found out this one. Well let me mention the sensor is the front facing camera if you all did not know this. I would say that if auto settings becomes too much of problem then try to switch it to the manual. I think if you will turn off the auto mode then I am sure that the brightness will not change by itself.

Well I think that I have a solution, I would say that go to settings>>display settings>>brightness. Then try to un-tick the automatic and turn the brightness to full. There you will also find the power saving mode, which should always be checked. Now go and search for the widget BatteryLife V1.3.3. Once you find this out, try to install it. I think this will work and would help in resolving the issue of yours. If it doesn’t work then I think you should take your tablet to the supplier or dealer and give it to him.

I think the tablet that you are using is a faulty one. I would suggest you to go the Samsung service center and claim for the replacement. Also ask them to give you some other method to resolve this issue. If it is something serious then I think you should get it changed. I hope that your tablet is in the warranty period.

I think you try out what I am mentioning below, I have done a lot of research and I have finally found this one,
    • Try Sliding down the notification bar which is at the top of the screen.
    Then un-tick "Auto" at the Brightness line.
    • If you are using the standard Android browser, then you need to select the
    Menu button, Settings, Brightness. Adjust it to your liking
    I hope this helps. I think that the auto dimming is because of the auto function. I would say that if it still dims, then check with the vendor from whom you got this one.

well i think you should take your tablet to the vendor from whom you got it or to the technician to get helped out. it is possible that there is some problem with the display and the screen. so i would say that a technician can only tell you better after checking. i would suggest you to post the image so that it will become more clear to everyone.