Thread: Some buttons not working properly in Galaxy tab 7

Some buttons not working properly in Galaxy tab 7

I have just now bought a Galaxy tab unit(Verizon) and the problem now i am facing is that when i am using the in order to access the WiFi without activating with Verizon then the buttons like home,menu and search are just not working.I have already tried the hard reset but its not solving the issue.Is there any one who have experienced the same and has a idea about it and can help me out as well.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Some buttons not working properly in Galaxy tab 7

I have faced the same kind of problem while trying to use WiFi and it happened to me everyday when i tried to use it in that way but then my friend suggested me to backup it and go for a factory reset so i did the same by connecting my tab to the computer and then backing it up and then finally doing the factory setting and when i disconnected it then it was working fine again.just give it a try and see if it works for you as well as it had worked for me for the same problem then i think it will definitely help you out.

I have came across this kind of problem in some forums and what i have found is that when it gets locked or say when the buttons are not working then people have tried factory setting and this had probably solved their problem for that while but later when the tried using the WiFi in the airplane mode in the same way they were facing the same problem again,So basically this makes me feel that this problem might be due to some incompatibility with the Verizon so if its possible try to avoid that way of using the WiFi rather use it in a normal way.

I was facing the same issue and i had find a no of people having the same problem in the airplane mode in fact some of them have got replacement and they are still facing the same issue i have tried to contact the Samsung support for the same problem but i have not yet get a solution from them as well so instead of experiencing the same problem again and again by using it in the same airplane mode i have stopped using it that way rather i am preferring to use it in an normal way until some one come up with a perfect solution for it.

My problem is a bit different but it is related to the 4 button which are menu,home,back and search.Whenever i am browsing in a low light situation then these four buttons are just going of for some seconds because of which it is really a pain in order to find the back key and in order to get it back i always have to tap anywhere on the screen in order to find out the right one.Is there any one who have an idea of disabling the power mode for these buttons.Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I have probably heard of some applications in order to alter the behavior of the buttons but i have found that they are mostly for 2.3.3 and they help in turning off instead of turning it on.You can use it very well you just need to hack that behavior file.You also have to check the application for your phone compatibility.Hope that helps