Thread: Camera not working in Samsung galaxy tab 7

Camera not working in Samsung galaxy tab 7

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 7. There is a front 1.3 mp camera. I am not a heavy camera user. Actually till days back, my tab was working absolutely fine. But I don’t know what is wrong with the camera from 2 days. Whenever I am trying to use the camera, I am getting a warning message like camera failed. When I press ok button, then I either come to the home screen or application screen. I have rooted the tab and installed the following applications since the last time I took a picture.
    • Titanium Bkup
    • Wireless Thether
    • Call Announcer
    • FaceDown Profile Controler
    • Adfree
    • ShootMe
    • One Click Lag Fix
    • Quadrant Standard
    I have tried to freeze but I have not gained any success. Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Camera not working in Samsung galaxy tab 7

I would like to ask you that have tried to clear the RAM Lv1 + 2? If not then I would say that try out this. This might help you. If this doesn’t help then I think you should try to reboot the device. I would say that try to use the camera from the gallery app. I hope that works.

I would say that in this case; try to clear the cache and also the davlik cache. Let me know what happens after this. I think you can try out stock recovery. For stick recovery try power plus volume up and the home button. If this is not right then I think you should try out power volume up and the arrow button. Please make sure that you turn off the tab while doing this. Try to hold these buttons for about 7 seconds and then leave it. Remember that clearing davlik will cause the tab to take a while to boot back up as it has to rebuild davlik again. You can also try to flash the clockworkmod. Actually it is a custom recovery and it works better. Try to flash it via rom manager if you want.

I would suggest you to uninstall the camera application once and then try to install it later on. I think this will work if there aren’t any serious issues. If this doesn’t work then try out factory reset option. This should finally help. My friend had some issues with his applications, he tried out factory reset and his problem got resolved. I hope this works for you too.

I think you need to flash the tab. Also before flashing try this, try to connect and go into the emergency recovery option in kies. Now see what happens. You can also try out firmware update. This might also resolve your issue if other methods that I mentioned didn’t.

I would suggest you to clear the ram. I think clearing ram should resolve the issue. If it doesn’t then I think you should contact the Samsung customer service guys. ask them to help you out in this. as far as i suspect that the camera is not having problems physically. you can also contact the local repair person who can help you out.

i think you should take your device to the samsung gallery or you can first just contact the samsung guys and tell them to guide you on this issue. i suspect that there is some problem with the camera. but they are experts and they will confirm the problem.