Thread: Apple MacBook A1181: no backlight even after changing inverter. need help.

Apple MacBook A1181: no backlight even after changing inverter. need help.

Hey friends, I am having some problem related to my Apple MacBook A1181. The problem is that there is no backlight. Here I can also turn it on and can also open the iTunes and play the music in this. So for that reason I have also replaced my inverter but this was also of no use for me. For that reason only I am here to know some suggestion about what to do to make the backlight working again. Will I need to change the backlight bulb or logic board? Can anyone help me please with the proper suggestion?

Re: Apple MacBook A1181: no backlight even after changing inverter. need help.

I think that this fault is not related with the logic board because here you can see the video on the screen. I think that problem is relate with the backlight CCFL tube or related with the power cable from the inverter. If so then here you will need to change your CCFL tube, but this is not the easy job and I am sure if you try to replace it on your own then it can give rise to the other problem. So here you will need to try with the iFixit which is The free repair manual.

Thanks for suggesting me this thing. Now here in this case I will try to buy the new LCD. Can t proceed for that or can I test the power cable using the volt meter?

I am also having some problem related to this thing. Here I would like to ask you that can I use the screen by unplugging the inverter? I want to know that will it will be normal? I am telling you this thing because now I am using the screen with the help of the light shining on the screen and with the help of this I can see it and nothing happened.

Yes, I think that will be normal. You can see the no change on the LCD screen if the CCFL tube is not working or power cable is defective. So here I think that you will not see anything changed in the LDC. Because LCD have the power and video but no backlighting. So you can try with that.

For resolving that problem I have decided to bought the new LCD Panel and here I was trying to replace this myself. But before this I decided to test the LCD using the inverter board but this is not working when I try to turn on the laptop. What can I do in this case now? And also I have used the new inverter while testing the LCD. Help me please. Here I can say that All LCDs have some level of bumpy backlighting with the help of this they produce their image. But in my case it is not working. What to do in this case.

ok for that I will recommend you to try to check that your inverter cable is plugged in the LCD properly or not? I am sure that you forget to plug that card or it will be lose in your case.

Thanks dude, I tried with that and I found that I forget to plug the inverter cable in. after plugging it it start working, yeah. Now all the things are working good and now I am not having the backlight problem with this. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was also searching the suggestion for the same problem. And here I found the proper suggestion. I tried with that but here I can see that still there are no backlight in my monitor. For that reason I have also replaced my screen inverter and inverter board cable but still having the same problem. Help me in this case also.

Here in your case I would like to say that after trying with the above suggestion of changing the inverter for cause the backlight to working again make sure that you have connected the inverter cable properly. Here I am suggesting you for checking the connection because above user was also having the same problem even after trying with the relacing the inverter. And at the end he founds that the connection fomr the inverter to the disp[lay was not proper and after conncting it properly it get back to working. So try with the same, hope that it will also works in your case.