Thread: Apple MacBook Pro: running slow after sleep mode

Apple MacBook Pro: running slow after sleep mode

I am having the problem related to the sleep mode in my Apple MacBook Pro. While using this, I put down the LID and it goes in the sleep mode and after some time I put the LID up after that time I noted that now my Apple MacBook Pro is running too slow. Is that due to the sleep mode? Before putting this in the sleep mode my zooming in and out was very smooth but not it takes time to zoom in and out. Is anyone else is having the same problem. Can also can anyone suggest me to resolve this problem and to make faster my Apple MacBook Pro again?

Re: Apple MacBook Pro: running slow after sleep mode

In this case I will suggest you to switch the sleep mode again using the LID and then up the LID to came out of the sleep mode. After that test the speed by pressing the F3 key. And tell me if this is still slow.

Yes, I done this thing also as you suggested but still slow. Any other solution please. Before your suggestion I have checked this setting and found that the speed is very slow. Please suggest me that it is due to any of the program files corrupted or this is due to the any other reason.

I think that there are lots of things which are cause this. Please tell me that how many application you open at a time and also tell me how many of the application is currently open in your apple MacBook pro? I think if you are using too many of the application at a time then it can cause your system to work slow. And make sure that when you closed your computer there is running any application or everything was closed completely.

Yes, I left the Firefox before closing the LID. I want to know that is that is the reason for running my computer slow. And should I close all the Firefox now before closing the LID. I left the Firefox before closing the LID because there are so many tabs on which I was working at that time. And it will be hard again tome to open these all tabs again.

Here I would say to first make sure that your system is running slow due to the Firefox only. For that I will suggest you to test the same with the safari in the place of the Firefox. Try the same thing with the safari also and then see what happens? If this will also cause your system to get slow then there will be some issue with the performance of your system and if not then there will be some problem with the Firefox version which you are using at current time. If so then I will suggest you to use the latest version of the Firefox and then see the changes.

Ok, as per your suggestion I tried but after that I found that it is running still slow, no changes in the performance. And here I would like to tell you that when I gone out of the home at that time I turn off the MacBook monitor which is connected to the external. So here tell me that is this thing is causing the system to perform slow? Because after the connection I can see that there are changes in the resolution of the system so I think that due to the change in the resolution this is running slow. And also for this problem I have also reinstalled the monitor so many times. What to do in this case please suggest me any way that will help my system to run with the normal speed.

I think in this case there will be some problem with your video driver since system is running slow after it comes out from the sleep mode. Try to use the latest video driver for your system and see if it helps to perform faster.

I also tried with updating the video driver in this case, but still it also doesn’t worked for me. And out of the above replies, in one reply I can see that he had suggested me for the using the safari instead of the Firefox, I tried with that also but that also of no use in my case. Now I have decided to update the Firefox version and I will report you all back if it really works for me.